Tai's summer

GATA

Not to toot my own horn, but I was a huge Petteway fan last year even when he had some struggles early...and I'm going to say again right now, that I think Tai Webster is going to end up being damn good for us.  He will show progress this year, then be even better his Jr/Sr year.  I'm talking B10 1st or 2nd team good.  Just sayin...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10342595/Tall-Blacks-challenge-Loe-to-be-an-enforcer

Printed in this morning paper.

Younger brother Tai Webster also had his best display of the tour at the point.

"He had something like five points, six rebounds, four assists and three steals and it was a real active time on court for him," Henare said.

Against Ivory Coast today:

"Corey Webster continued his impressive efforts on the buildup tour with 13 points (5/15 FG), three rebounds and two steals while younger brother Tai Webster chimed in with 10 points (4/6 FG), four boards and a pair of assists" in "a 79-55 victory over the Ivory Coast and take their record to 2-0 in the four-team tournament in Shenzhen, China."

so is Tai playing in the game against the USA on sept 2nd?

wasn't sure how that worked since the fall semester starts aug 25th i think.

I don't think they've made the final cuts for Team New Zealand yet but he will probably be on the team.

I'm sure they'll find a way for him to keep up with his academics until he gets back to Nebraska

Team New Zealand with some sort of pre or post game ritual dance

You don't know about the Haka???  It's like kind of a big thing in NZ...the All Blacks are famous for it!

(I assume you were kidding here)

I had suggested in one of the threads last year that we adopt this as some sort of tradition, maybe by our Red Zone, and the idea was shot down as something that would be applicable only as long as we had a New Zealand kid on our team.

You don't know about the Haka???  It's like kind of a big thing in NZ...the All Blacks are famous for it!

I had suggested in one of the threads last year that we adopt this as some sort of tradition, maybe by our Red Zone, and the idea was shot down as something that would be applicable only as long as we had a New Zealand kid on our team.

Here's the thread ...

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/2721-ok-guys-and-gals-i-think-ive-got-it/?hl=haka#entry35309

Wasn't joking...was not aware

The Maori used this instead of often actually fighting. They knew that battles caused deaths and there wasn't a bunch of them anyway so they often did this. It was also used when you came to a village and you where not known by anyone.

It can give you chills when you see it done as a " battle" between groups. There is one on youtube between some middle school boys thatnis pretty cool. And there is one that is done when a fallen soldier's casket is being brought back to be burried in New Zealand. That one is really cool.

Y'know, he's putting up pretty decent numbers as he gets into a groove with this New Zealand team.  I expect a much more confident kid coming back this year than the one who finished out last year.  He put in the work with Terran earlier this summer.  That's going to build some camaraderie.  Plus it's just going to make him a better baller.  And the proof is in looking at what he's doing for his NZ team this month.  The fact he even attempted a three is a big step forward.  Good on him.