Sat. Feb. 6 Rutgers

Wed. Feb. 10 at Wisconsin 

Sat. Feb. 13 Penn State

Wed. Feb. 17 at Indiana

Sat/Sun. Feb. 20/21 Ohio State

Thurs. Feb. 25 at Penn State

Tues. March 1 Purdue

Sun. March 6 at Northwestern

- First blush: Wins appear to be available in the first five and last six. Wins between those stretches will be very, very tough. 

- But I do see 6-8 wins in there.

- A lot more Wednesday/Saturday games. That's a good thing! Only one Sunday game for sure, maybe 2. That will allow for more of a rhythm, more like a Big 12 schedule.

Agreed - really have to start fast with those 2 home games - since joining the B1G, we've started conference play 0-2, 0-4, 0-4, and 0-5. If we start 0-2 in the B1G this season, it's going to be a looooong January.

Then 5 of the next 7 on the road with the 8th in that stretch being home vs Maryland - whew

However, great chance to finish strong in those last 8. Kind of reminds me of the 2013-14 schedule in that regard. 

With a young team that figures to get better & better thru the season, nice to have a B1G schedule that's back-loaded with quite a few winnable games. However, will have to guard against younger guys getting beaten down with that tough January stretch with a lot of travel.

Wed. Dec. 30 Northwestern

Sat. Jan. 2 Indiana 

Tues. Jan. 5 at Iowa

Sat. Jan. 9 at Rutgers

Tues. Jan. 12 Minnesota

Sat. Jan. 16 at Illinois 

Wed. Jan. 20 at Michigan State 

Sat. Jan. 23 Michigan 

Sat. Jan. 30at Purdue

Wed. Feb. 3 Maryland 

Sat. Feb. 6 Rutgers

Wed. Feb. 10 at Wisconsin 

Sat. Feb. 13 Penn State

Wed. Feb. 17 at Indiana

Sat/Sun. Feb. 20/21 Ohio State

Thurs. Feb. 25 at Penn State

Tues. March 1 Purdue

Sun. March 6 at Northwestern

I'd pick us straight up at home vs. NW, IU, Minn, RU, PSU, and Pur.  

I'd pick us straight up on the road vs. RU, PSU, NW

That's 9 wins.  9-9.  Hopefully we'll get an upset or two at home this year.  We should be a tough out at PBA.  

Solid conference slate for a young team.  But,  I'm sick of the Big Ten screwing us in baseball/basketball in regards to scheduling Iowa. 

Yeah, those were my first thoughts too.  Seems like we've played in IC twice as much as we have at home (in hoops).  After this year we will have played 5 games in IC, 3 in Lincoln.

That's 9 wins.  9-9.  Hopefully we'll get an upset or two at home this year.  We should be a tough out at PBA.  

I don't know enough about this team to pick them straight up vs. anybody, especially on the road. I think NW and Indiana will be pretty good this year. I'd take 9-9 right now, though, if I could.

I don't know enough about this team to pick them straight up vs. anybody, especially on the road. I think NW and Indiana will be pretty good this year. I'd take 9-9 right now, though, if I could.

Indiana has a great backcourt, pretty good wings, and might be ok up front if Thomas Bryant doesn't get suspended and pans out.  That's a tough one.

Purdue is huge up front (Hammons, Swanigan, Haas), and has decent wings.  If they get decent PG out of their grad transfer play they'll be tough in Lincoln, a toss-up at best.  NU doesn't match up with them well (but they might not match up well with NU either, with big guys having to guard Morrow, Shields, McVeigh.)

Minnesota should be a win at home, but maybe not an easy one.

Northwestern has good guards and some legitimate size up front with a decent 7-footer. They won five of the last eight last year. It will be a pretty big upset if we beat them on the road.  In Lincoln Nebraska might be a slight favorite.

Rutgers and Penn State should be wins at home.  On the road: both teams will be desperate for any wins they can get in conference, so when they get Nebraska at home those are must win games for them.  I'd say they are both toss-ups.

We are going back this year to being a surprise team.  I believe we are going to win this year, and win enought to be a NIT or lower seeded NCAA pick.

I said on another board last year (maybe it was here ;) ) I'd rather overachieve under-expectations, than underachieve over-expectations (and promptly got run out of the room).  Well, now we've done both.

Overachieving is a lot more Fun!  nod.gif

We are going back this year to being a surprise team.  I believe we are going to win this year, and win enought to be a NIT or lower seeded NCAA pick.

I tend to agree with basketballjones about our prospects for the season.  Young, small, and a lack of proven shooters.

If the basketball gods offered me NIT right now (vs. what's behind door #3), I'd take NIT in a heartbeat.

I tend to agree with basketballjones about our prospects for the season.  Young, small, and a lack of proven shooters.

If the basketball gods offered me NIT right now (vs. what's behind door #3), I'd take NIT in a heartbeat.

Yep, I agree.  NIT would be a huge accomplishment for this team.