SIAP - Any rumors or talk about who the new

Does Damian Lillard comparison make this coaching candidate a less desirable prospect for NU? Just curious...

When anything written about the coach says he personally worked with a player for 4 years and his specialty was defense and that player is known for being one of the worst defensive players it should give you some concern about what did he coach him on that was beyond his abilities he already possessed.  He was a coach at a school that dominated their league in terms of talent for the majority of the time before, during, and after he was there so that doesnt tell me much about his coaching acumen. Im not saying hes not a good coach but would he be a guy you'd personally want if this were a few months ago when Miles was searching or would you have gone for Burno?  We all would have chose Burno and have to think Miles can get someone else thats very qualified.

Fair enough. Thanks, Kamdy.

You guys seem to be disagreeing over snippets posted on the board.

He very well might have run the defense at Weber State....the results were mixed over 5 years.

As far as Lillard goes, it seems that Beckner work on developing his pick and roll skills.

My biggest takeaway about Lillard is that he wasn't recruited by Beckner.  Can he recruit to this level? That's the $200,000 question.

Does Damian Lillard comparison make this coaching candidate a less desirable prospect for NU? Just curious...

When anything written about the coach says he personally worked with a player for 4 years and his specialty was defense and that player is known for being one of the worst defensive players it should give you some concern about what did he coach him on that was beyond his abilities he already possessed.  He was a coach at a school that dominated their league in terms of talent for the majority of the time before, during, and after he was there so that doesnt tell me much about his coaching acumen. Im not saying hes not a good coach but would he be a guy you'd personally want if this were a few months ago when Miles was searching or would you have gone for Burno?  We all would have chose Burno and have to think Miles can get someone else thats very qualified.

Fair enough. Thanks, Kamdy.

You guys seem to be disagreeing over snippets posted on the board.

He very well might have run the defense at Weber State....the results were mixed over 5 years.

As far as Lillard goes, it seems that Beckner work on developing his pick and roll skills.

My biggest takeaway about Lillard is that he wasn't recruited by Beckner.  Can he recruit to this level? That's the $200,000 question.

It's all good. Difference of opinion over coaching 'em up. The recruitment aspect is a valid concern for any coach at NU; wonder when Miles plans to make the future assistant known to all of us. I'm waiting with baited breath. :wacko: .

and the fact that he no longer appears on the OKC Blue D-League website seems like a clear indicator that he's probably the guy. 

He was off that site before we signed Burno. You're switching the cause and effect.

Thanks. Didn't realize that. Seems odd...

and the fact that he no longer appears on the OKC Blue D-League website seems like a clear indicator that he's probably the guy. 

He was off that site before we signed Burno. You're switching the cause and effect.

Thanks. Didn't realize that. Seems odd...

I did some digging.

From what I can tell he was let go at the end of the season though no idea why.

The HC at OKC Blue is Mark Daigneault who previously was in Florida with Rashon Burno.

Miles and Co. should be able to do some due diligence on why.