Nebraska a basketball state?

Nebraska’s fan support across the spectrum is evident in the fact that Nebraska was the only Division I program which ranked in the top-10 in average attendance in both football and men’s basketball, while the Huskers also ranked in the top-15 in attendance in volleyball (first), women’s basketball (11th) and baseball (11th).

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210184106

Or it could more that Nebraska is passionate about Husker athletics than 'nothing to do'. There's always something else to do than spend big bucks on sports! This tweet shows that Nebraska is fairly unique.

Well I did say 'stereotype'.  At any event it's more just petty jealousy than anything else I suppose.

It could also serve to reinforce the stereotype that there's nothing else to do in Nebraska.

Or it could more that Nebraska is passionate about Husker athletics than 'nothing to do'. There's always something else to do than spend big bucks on sports! This tweet shows that Nebraska is fairly unique.

Unfortunately, it fits the stereotype very well.

Sincerely,

Every person I talk to who finds out I grew up in Nebraska

(That said, many of them associate population, location, and temperature with "things to do.")

It could also serve to reinforce the stereotype that there's nothing else to do in Nebraska.

Unfortunately, it fits the stereotype very well.

Sincerely,

Every person I talk to who finds out I grew up in Nebraska

(That said, many of them associate population, location, and temperature with "things to do.")

Stereotypes are more ignorance than knowledge.  No matter where you live, you generally spend your time with friends & family. The particulars of locale are less important in the grand scheme of things. And I just came back from a sweet vaca to a warm, populated area and those differences are evident as HuskerFever pointed out about temp's & # of people. Vaca to those places is great, but Nebraska is home. I'm sure others feel that same way about their locales. What makes Nebraska unique is that it is a vast state with scarce population (generally), but all Nebraskans tend to be united by Husker athletics. The numbers back it up, IMHO.

KNTK - Morning Take:  Nebrasketball finishes top 10 in attendance, can it help them get top recruits?/2-minute drill

http://www.theticketfm.com/podcasts/morningtake/2015_07_07_3.mp3

(10:54)

Despite a 13-18 season that ended with 9 straight losses, Nebrasketball still ended up 10th in attendance this year in college basketball. Jake and Lanny wonder if high attendance and fan support is enough to get top-tier players to consider coming to the Huskers.