O.T. technical question

jimmykc

Since it is the slow time of year perhaps someone can solve this dilemma. As most know, I like to occasionally change avatars (in fact I still have a Walter to use up). I wanted to use an American flag today from my picture album, but try after try to change by just clicking on the avatar "change" and going to "browse" which always worked in the past no longer changes the photo. Can someone with more computer proficiency can suggest a solution? At any rate, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July celebration.

Hooray! I finally got to use my final Walter. Bonus points to anyone who can identify him. Hint: he was my very first Red Sox idol. Thanks, dimes.

I would have guessed Walt Masterson, but he was a pitcher.  That dude is not postured correctly for a pitcher. 

Hooray! I finally got to use my final Walter. Bonus points to anyone who can identify him. Hint: he was my very first Red Sox idol. Thanks, dimes.

OK, here is an educated guess: Walter Dropo, 1950 rookie of the year, hard luck and long-time major leaguer?

Well played, Red Don. As a ten year old, I found the name "Hoot" intriguing while listening to the "Game of the Day" on the radio and since it took years for me to find his baseball card I always pictured him in glasses ( like Dom Dimaggio). Thus began a 60 year infatuation with the Boston team. Turns out Hoot was just filling in for some guy who was off flying planes in Korea. Evers then hit a line drive in spring training '54 on which Williams made an uncharacteristic dive and broke his collarbone which postponed his return to the team. Hoot was, of course, traded and is probably best remembered for his work in the front office of the Indians. And now you know the rest of the story. By the way, I still have my original Walter "Hoot" Evers baseball card.

And how valuable that card must be too !!!!!

I can't believe no one posted anything for 4 hours after Trickey - so guess I had to (its a dirty job but somebody has to do it!)

(btw; I believe Walter Evers got the nickname 'Hoot' because as a boy growing up he was a big fan of cowboy movie star 'Hoot' Gibson.)

Short follow up to Jimmy...I have been collecting baseball cards for a whole lot of years...but I was never a "collector" per se.  I was an avid fan who followed trades and so forth.  So if I got a Willie Mays card(s)...and say he was traded to the Mets...I would cross out San Fancisco Giants and write in NY Mets...OH SO SAD from a value stand point.  Yet, for whatever reason, when I look at my cards I do not see a loss of value; instead I see a very rich and fulfilling childhood ^_^