Returning experience

Returning Players/               New Players                    Sitting out/

Returning Minutes:               No Returning Minutes:          Not eligible:

F  Shavon Shields  Sr. 1095      G/F Andrew White      Jr.      SG  Anton Gill   Jr.

PG Benny Parker    Sr.  874      PF  Ed Morrow         Fr.

G  Tai Webster     Jr.  551      PG  Glynn Watson      Fr.

F  Nick Fuller     So.  129      PF  Michael Jacobson  Fr.

C  Jacob Hammond   So.   36      SF  Jack McVeigh      Fr.

PG  Bakari Evelyn     Fr.

That's a lot of talent, for sure, which is nice.  But looking at the roster and how, erm, inexperienced and small it appears to be, well, I think as far as this season goes ...

Broken down by class ...

We have two total seniors, two juniors, three sophomores1 and six freshmen. SIX freshmen!

So, do you redshirt any of these freshmen or do you just have a HUGE senior class in 4 years' time?

Questions to ponder in the month of June.

1  Anton Gill is essentially in the sophomore class because he'll be a junior, eligibility-wise, next year and join the current sophomore class of Nick Fuller and Jacob Hammond.

The way kids leave programs now a days we most likely won't have 6 seniors in 4 years.

Wouldn't that be something if NU did have a solid sextet develop together during that time-frame? 

Imagine the things they'd accomplish as a group of great players, getting better each & every season, making history. It'll be a fun ride, let's see what happens once Chukwu arrives! :D

I count only 5 Freshmen there Norm, what am I missing?

Paschal Chukwu.

Or, failing that, Diamond Stone de-commints from Maryland and comes to Nebraska?

No, it's Paschal Chukwu.  I was thinking in my head that if Chukwu does come here, it would mean we'd have 6 guys in that class, which is about half the team.  I just got ahead of myself when I posted what I posted above because obviously Chukwu hasn't committed yet.  But, if he does, I can certainly live with it considering who the six players in that class would be.

I count only 5 Freshmen there Norm, what am I missing?

Paschal Chukwu.

Or, failing that, Diamond Stone de-commints from Maryland and comes to Nebraska?

No, it's Paschal Chukwu.  I was thinking in my head that if Chukwu does come here, it would mean we'd have 6 guys in that class, which is about half the team.  I just got ahead of myself when I posted what I posted above because obviously Chukwu hasn't committed yet.  But, if he does, I can certainly live with it considering who the six players in that class would be.

And, given that scenario, consider that 5 of the 8 newcomers would be 4* top 100 type guys.  Yes, new to the team and (relatively) new to the college game, but still.  Not a terrible problem to have...