Ed Morrow out?

I had bone spurs on my heels.

Out here west of Lincoln, we call you a city slicker that sucks at grammar....

How do you know that I'm not farther west from Lincoln in a town smaller than Hampton? And it ain't grammar, its called a typo.

*it's* :)

Kind of funny that nobody is talking about Evelyn.  He had the same issue and it has been cleaned up.  Both should be fine.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/routine-maintenance-shouldn-t-sideline-new-huskers-for-long/article_73befc66-14a1-11e5-8760-6ff8122c6aa0.html

One incoming Nebraska freshman basketball player already has undergone ankle surgery and another is set for surgery later this week, but you’ll see no panic on the face of coach Tim Miles.

“This is what amounts to routine maintenance,” he said Tuesday from his office while discussing the health of 6-foot-3 guard Bakari Evelyn from Detroit and 6-7 forward Ed Morrow from Chicago.

Evelyn underwent arthroscopic surgery three weeks ago for removal of bone spurs from an ankle. Miles said the recovery time is conservatively estimated at six to eight weeks.

Morrow underwent an MRI on Tuesday morning and likely is headed to similar surgery on Friday. The bone spurs, which cause pain and general discomfort during workouts, are common for basketball-specific athletes who play year round.

“Even at six to eight weeks,” Miles said, “both should be fine in time for our trip to Spain.”

Kind of funny that nobody is talking about Evelyn.  He had the same issue and it has been cleaned up.  Both should be fine.

Up until last night, it wasn't a known issue.

Also, we don't necessarily need Evelyn to play 20-30 minutes a game next year. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/routine-maintenance-shouldn-t-sideline-new-huskers-for-long/article_73befc66-14a1-11e5-8760-6ff8122c6aa0.html

One incoming Nebraska freshman basketball player already has undergone ankle surgery and another is set for surgery later this week, but you’ll see no panic on the face of coach Tim Miles.

“This is what amounts to routine maintenance,” he said Tuesday from his office while discussing the health of 6-foot-3 guard Bakari Evelyn from Detroit and 6-7 forward Ed Morrow from Chicago.

Evelyn underwent arthroscopic surgery three weeks ago for removal of bone spurs from an ankle. Miles said the recovery time is conservatively estimated at six to eight weeks.

Morrow underwent an MRI on Tuesday morning and likely is headed to similar surgery on Friday. The bone spurs, which cause pain and general discomfort during workouts, are common for basketball-specific athletes who play year round.

“Even at six to eight weeks,” Miles said, “both should be fine in time for our trip to Spain.”

Which is really the important thing, IMO.

Which is really the important thing, IMO.

Yep, minor issue.

...apologies to cwg who already posted the link to this article, but I wanted to get the bit about Watson in there too...

Barfknecht - ‘Routine maintenance’ shouldn’t sideline new Huskers for long

An ankle injury also is slowing incoming freshman Glynn Watson.

The 5-11 point guard from Chicago suffered a high ankle sprain a week ago. But after heavy physical therapy sessions, Miles said, Watson looks close to full speed this week and has returned to workouts.

I had none spurs on my heels.

Out here west of Lincoln, we call you a city slicker that sucks at grammar....

Cip, the above sentence should read "a city slicker who sucks," not "a city slicker that sucks at grammar."  You were talking about a person, not a thing.
I almost went there, but since there wasn't a semicolon involved, I figured I'd keep out of it. :)