Ed Morrow out?

Welp. Wow. If true, I can't believe they kept the fact that he broke his foot so under wraps to begin with. So maybe it's just some lingering stress fracture type stuff? Hopefully no major structural damage. And maybe they are just confident that it will be healed soon? So maybe that's why they haven't mentioned it? Hopefully....

I Heard at the Tim Miles basketball camp that Ed Morrow came into Lincoln with a foot fracture that is not healing properly.  Might have to have surgery on it.  Could be out for a extended period of time

A foot issue is not the a good injury to start college basketball with.

Who did you hear that from?

After Basketball camp last week many of the current players will do pick up in the Hendrick so i stayed and watched and Morrow was sitting out with the trainer and I asked one of the managers whats going on over there and that's when he said about his foot injury.

If it comes out later...... just call me Jay Glazer

The poop I heard was that it was a minor deal...so not sure what is going on for sure.  If it is a strain or sprain, I am not too concerned.  He played in a HS all-star game a month or so ago, so it simply does not make sense when I hear that it a "fracture that is not healing..."

This is the game that I was referencing...it was afte the end of basketball season in Illinois....

In the featured game, the South/Central All-Stars defeated the North/West All-Stars 53-46 to win the Luther Bedford All-Star Classic on Saturday at Young.

But the real story was who showed up to play in the game.

For years, the Chicago Public League Coaches Association has been asking for some of their high profile stars to participate but for the most part it has fallen on deaf ears. That scenario may be changing thanks to two players. Simeon All-State forward Ed Morrow played for the South/Central team and Young All-State forward Joseph Toye joined the North/West team.

Their presence added much-needed luster to the game. Morrow scored six points on three rim-rattling dunks, grabbed seven rebounds and played with his normal ferocious intensity.

Well potential bone spurs sound a lot better than fracture that won't heal. Sounds like the MRI is planned to see where things stand with his sore ankle. Plenty of time to heal up although it would be beneficial to have him at full go for these summer workouts.

...I also know one of the student managers quite well...and it is my understanding that if he divulged something that was outside of an official statement, he would likely be kindly or not so kindly asked to vacate his position...sooo, just saying.

I dont know if the guy was an "official team manager" as he was working the basketball camps with a camp shirt on..