Former Florida assistant Rashon Burno headed to Nebraska

Yes...yes...yes!!!

1. Robin Washut@RobinWashut12 mins12 minutes ago
  2. Report: #Nebrasketball has hired former Florida assistant Rashon Burno to its staff. http://rvls.co/1JiVNii (FREE) pic.twitter.com/wywhixOSVL
  3. CFAnYQpVAAAp8aT.jpg

6:22 PM - 14 May 2015 · Details
  5. View photoHide photo13 retweets9 favorites
  6. Reply
  7. Retweet13Retweeted13
  8. Favorite9Favorited9
  1. More

• Share via Direct Message
  • Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
  • Mute
  • Unmute
  • Block
  • Unblock

The last 3 assistant hires for Miles have been a long-time coach from Georgetown, a 33-yr vet coach & former head coach for more than a decade and, now, a rising coach in the profession from the Univ. of Florida. And, the departing coaches went back to their alma mater in the B1G, one became a Div. 1 head coach and another is an associate head coach in their preferred region to eventually be a head coach.  That, my folks, is a HUGE departure from the likes that Doc & Barry brought in & left Lincoln. HUGE pickup by Miles & Co. Now, let's get that 'big'~!

This is probably the end of our international recruiting efforts and I even think that Harriman flips Pinder to New Mexico when it's all said and done. Tapping into the NJ/NY and potentially into Florida is a nice addition to our recruiting footprint. Burno is the type of quality up and coming assistant I figured Miles would land and I'd suspect his next move might be head coach in 2+ years.

Good Article on new Coach Burno! 

Here's a link to the article referenced in the CornNation article elaborating how much Coach Burno had to overcome to reach his objectives.   Tim Miles has got a good one!    :)

Hurley understands true hardship when he sees it. He saw it in Burno, the young man who arrived at St. Anthony’s door with no parents, not much money, and very few possessions beyond the clothes on his back and the ball in his hands.

Burno was just 7 when he lost his mom, his primary caregiver, and only a few months older when his father, an occasional presence in his life, died too.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/sullivan-florida-assistant-coach-took-path-from-jersey-city-to-final-four-1.841432