The All-NAME team

While NU has it's Handy Johnson and Cookies (Belcher & Miller) the world of College Basketball is littered with great names that go from the absurd to the unusual. Here is the starting 5 for my All-NAME team. Feel free to come up with your own. 

Baskerville Holmes - Memphis

Fennis Dembo - Wyoming

God Shamgod - Providence

Smokey McCovery - Oklahoma

Skeeter Henry - Oklahoma

While NU has it's Handy Johnson and Cookies (Belcher & Miller) the world of College Basketball is littered with great names that go from the absurd to the unusual. Here is the starting 5 for my All-NAME team. Feel free to come up with your own. 

Fennis Dembo - Wyoming

God Shamgod - Providence

Skeeter Henry - Oklahoma

I'm with you on the first two.

But how can you forget Justus Thigpen from ISU?

Or Chief Kickingstallionsims from Stetson?

Fennis Dembo - Wyoming

God Shamgod - Providence

Skeeter Henry - Oklahoma

Wasn't the Chief like 7'-3"???

Fennis Dembo - Wyoming

God Shamgod - Providence

Skeeter Henry - Oklahoma

Wasn't the Chief like 7'-3"???

He was big but I thought maybe low 7s. Also, didn't he play for Alabama State or one of those Alabama schools when we played him?

Iowa State has had some great name guys in their history haven't they?  Anybody remember Julius Michalik?

These guys don't have funny names, but the were sweet ball players for ISU. The first ever Husker game I attended was against ISU when their STAR was Barry Stevens, which led to Jeff Grayer, to a portly Victor Alexander and then some kid from Ames they called "the Mayor" 

Iowa State has had some great name guys in their history haven't they?  Anybody remember Julius Michalik?

These guys don't have funny names, but the were sweet ball players for ISU. The first ever Husker game I attended was against ISU when their STAR was Barry Stevens, which led to Jeff Grayer, to a portly Victor Alexander and then some kid from Ames they called "the Mayor" 

All true but they did have a kid named Lafestor Rhodes that dropped 50+ on Iowa in the late 80's. I had a roommate from Iowa that year. And one from Wyoming, and the two always argued who was better Lafestor or Fennis Dembo. Dembo was the one who played in the league.