Will TP succeed as a Pro

Huskerpapa

Terran Petteway has impressed Atlanta Hawks with summer league play

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/terran-petteway-has-impressed-atlanta-hawks-with-s/nm2PS/

Terran Petteway is playing like every game could be his last.

That final game might not come anytime soon.

Petteway, an undrafted free agent out of Nebraska, has impressed the Hawks at the Las Vegas Summer League.

In five games, including four starts, for the Hawks’ entry in Las Vegas, Petteway has averaged 10.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists. The guard/forward had his biggest game of the tournament Thursday night in a win over the Nuggets. He finished with 14 points, nine rebounds, seven assists, two steals and two blocks.

Lamar Patterson is the only one that stands in his way.  He has been the most consistent of the 3 so far, but I feel Pettaway is more or a spark plug type player.  

So with that said I think he may be on a roster somewhere, but not the Hawks.  I think the Hawks take Lamar Patterson and Pettaway signs elsewhere.  Same goes for Glenn Robinson III

... Petteway was one of five Hawks in double figures, finishing with 14 points, and team highs in both rebounds (nine) and assists (seven). Petteway shined from long range, hitting 4-of-10 from 3-point range for the Hawks (3-2).

In addition to his offensive effort, he also chipped in two blocked shots and a pair of steals in handing Denver (3-1) its first loss in Summer League.

The Hawks will play Dallas in the quarterfinals on Saturday at 5 p.m. on NBA TV...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210221290&DB_OEM_ID=100

Lamar Patterson is the only one that stands in his way. He has been the most consistent of the 3 so far, but I feel Pettaway is more or a spark plug type player.

So with that said I think he may be on a roster somewhere, but not the Hawks. I think the Hawks take Lamar Patterson and Pettaway signs elsewhere. Same goes for Glenn Robinson III

He might still get a camp invite from the Hawks. But I agree he's likely to have more oppprtunity elsewhere. Too bad they have only one roster spot open.

... Petteway put together his best offensive performance in summer league, scoring 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting, including 3-of-6 from 3-point range. The 6-foot-6 guard/forward hit his first eight shots from the field, as the Hawks outscored Dallas, 21-13 in the second quarter to overcome an early deficit.

Petteway, who is averaging 11.5 points per game in Summer League, also added six rebounds, two assists and a pair of blocked shots in the win...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210225188

This post has been promoted to an article

Yesterday was the first time I got a chance to check in on our guy and I must, indeed, be a jinx. I watched only the third quarter and , to be quite honest, Terran stunk. He was instrumental in blowing a huge Atlanta lead by showing some of the tendencies which sometimes plagued him at NU by trying to do too much when he obviously did not have his "A" game going. He couldn't guard his man, missed open 3 pointers, took ill advised early shots, fumbled a pick and roll and then appeared to blame his teammate who made the pass, and generally acted frustrated. I think this all stems from the effort he puts forth and hope that the Hawks evaluate his whole summer performance and not this one snapshot. At least the coaches didn't bench him and must be trying to let him show his true skills.

Yesterday was the first time I got a chance to check in on our guy and I must, indeed, be a jinx. I watched only the third quarter and , to be quite honest, Terran stunk. He was instrumental in blowing a huge Atlanta lead by showing some of the tendencies which sometimes plagued him at NU by trying to do too much when he obviously did not have his "A" game going. He couldn't guard his man, missed open 3 pointers, took ill advised early shots, fumbled a pick and roll and then appeared to blame his teammate who made the pass, and generally acted frustrated. I think this all stems from the effort he puts forth and hope that the Hawks evaluate his whole summer performance and not this one snapshot. At least the coaches didn't bench him and must be trying to let him show his true skills.

Just the fact that a win or loss can be dependent on one person hopefully says a lot. I'm sure the Hawks are evaluating the likelihood they are able to minimize his errors. If they feel that is quickly fixable, the only reason they wouldn't take him is because they want someone like Ashley or Robinson.