Who are we going to target for our new assistant

hhcmatt

Thought this was a Nebrasketball coaching search thread.

Instead, we're talking about a kid whose performance went south this past season, was suspended for three games, then dismissed, by KSt.? And wondering whether McDermott can turn him around?

Ok.

lol..three posts...out of like 50.  Someone brought up Creighton. So i asked about the guy from KSU.  I kind of thought maybe the recruiter that 49er was talking about was part of the reason he went from KSU to Creighton. I just wondered if the guy was any good. Now we are back on track to talk about the Huskers. So we don't want the "super recruiter" from there.

oh look something shiny!!!!

Exactly...and besides, it's not like there's much to talk about right now.

Hey!  What's Scott Spinelli up to these days?

Scott is actually an assistant at Boston College :)

Staff Jim Christian - Head Coach Scott Spinelli - Assistant Coach Bill Wuczynski - Assistant Coach Preston Murphy - Assistant Coach Dan McDermott - Director of Operations Chip Cunningham - Video Coordinator Brad Fadem - Graduate Manager

That's pretty interesting....I must have missed that move (obviously). IIRC he graduated from Boston University so perhaps he wanted to get back to that region. I mainly remember from his early years at Loyola of Chicago (or one of those tiny Chicago schools basketball wise) that he convinced a top 150 Chicago kid to go there. That was right before Collier brought him to Lincoln. I would love to see what he could do here with the new facilities to sell. I'm guessing there is next to no chance Miles would get him to come back. I have heard zero names floated so far.....I wonder when coach is planning to start conducting interviews?

Refresh my memory. Was Spinelli instrumental in bringing Maric here or were Ryan Anderson and Sek Henry his biggest "gets" while he was in Lincoln? i would agree that he should be ready for a head coaching job now unless he has decided to remain in an assistant position permanently. Sometimes people don't want the responsibility of being the main guy, although most coaches want to try at least once. I think Tom Abatemarco found that out at Drake many years ago.

I doubt Miles would be interested in Spinelli.  Nothing against Spinelli, but Miles seems to find his own guys based on his own set of criteria and whoever he hires will probably be someone we've never heard of, just like most of us had never heard of Chris Harriman before he came here.

Appears Spinelli's career topped out at Maryland.  Leaving for an assistant spot at BC seems like a downward move.  I wonder what's up with that.

I doubt Miles would be interested in Spinelli.  Nothing against Spinelli, but Miles seems to find his own guys based on his own set of criteria and whoever he hires will probably be someone we've never heard of, just like most of us had never heard of Chris Harriman before he came here.

Appears Spinelli's career topped out at Maryland.  Leaving for an assistant spot at BC seems like a downward move.  I wonder what's up with that.

He was still at Maryland to recruit the 2014 class, which obviously was good, so the guy still produces. Christian also has Boston U. ties, he and Spinelli might have played together. That tie, more money and the fact that Turgeon's status at this time last year was cloudier than it is now may have spurred him to leave. BC wasn't good this year, but I'd expect BC's talent level to go up in the future.

Well, this guy's looking for a job now.

He'd be perfect!!

Cannot believe he had a gig that long.  The should have at least one or two titles.  He was one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. 

Which years? Certainly not 2013 and 2015. 

2014 should have been "it," I suppose, but Ibaka got hurt. 

Yeah we've kind of run off the rails a bit on this one, eh, Silver?

Maybe we could go after the Creighton super-recruiter fella they got from UConn last year?  He seems to be working wonders with their recruiting efforts, no?   ;)

What was his name again?  Sellers?

Well, I guess Sellers is off the table now:

IIRC there was a radio interview with Coach Miles recently (sorry, I don't have the link) where I believe he said he wanted to concentrate on filling out the roster first, before devoting attention to filling the open Assistant Coach's job. 

So I don't think he is in any particular hurry, at least until the right candidate comes along.