PG Bakari Evelyn is N

hhcmatt

I would sure hope he is better than Smith.  That would not be all that hard to accomplish though. 

Will he be better than T. Smith?  Get the best players available. I'd rather give the scholarships to players that can play than take a chance on a big who doesn't pan out.

Maybe sour grapes? T. Smith could play a bit. Every play-by-play guy raved about his potential as well. If he's not mature enough to except a role for his team then good bye, but he could play a bit.

I would sure hope he is better than Smith.  That would not be all that hard to accomplish though. 

Will he be better than T. Smith?  Get the best players available. I'd rather give the scholarships to players that can play than take a chance on a big who doesn't pan out.

Maybe sour grapes? T. Smith could play a bit. Every play-by-play guy raved about his potential as well. If he's not mature enough to except a role for his team then good bye, but he could play a bit.

Yeah, I agree.  I really liked Tarin's game and was disappointed to see him go.  If Evelyn can bring a similar amount of athleticism I'll be happy.

I would sure hope he is better than Smith. That would not be all that hard to accomplish though.

Will he be better than T. Smith? Get the best players available. I'd rather give the scholarships to players that can play than take a chance on a big who doesn't pan out.

Yeah, I agree. I really liked Tarin's game and was disappointed to see him go. If Evelyn can bring a similar amount of athleticism I'll be happy.

I wish Evelyn had Tarin's athleticism.

The decision of TP is still pending.  Can we surprise some people with one additional signing???  I think there is going to be some shock and awe occurring in the near future.

We currently have 1 spot open. We will have 2 if TP leaves.

We're going to sign some big man...hopefully a good one

Sour grapes?  Is that joke?  I simply didn't see what some others did.  Wasn't a great finisher, wasn't a great shooter, wasn't great at anything.  I was not disappointed at all that he left.  Was completely ambivalent.  Guys like him are a dime a dozen.  Very easily replaced IMO.  Not a very good stat line for an offensively starved club. 

11  Smith, Tarin  31  3  17.6   .445  .333  .605  1.6  0.7  18  9 

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up being as solid as Tarin was as a freshman.  Hope you're right but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this signing. 

Was the hat Evelyn was wearing photoshopped? It looks like some of those on old baseball cards put on players who had been traded. If it is real, someone needs to send him a better one. Apologies to anyone who has purchased a similar one.

Yeah, but I liked his tie.  Respect for the situation.  

Was the hat Evelyn was wearing photoshopped? It looks like some of those on old baseball cards put on players who had been traded. If it is real, someone needs to send him a better one. Apologies to anyone who has purchased a similar one.

Tie was good.  Tie with a shortsleeve dress shirt?  Not so much.

Looked to me that he was likely wearing his school uniform. 

Huh? What is wrong with a short sleeve shirt & tie combo?  I thought the red shirt with dark tie looked sharp. Oh well, to each their own...

Huh? What is wrong with a short sleeve shirt & tie combo?  I thought the red shirt with dark tie looked sharp. Oh well, to each their own...

Do you happen to have a red swing line stapler too?

Don't worry folks, there's only enough room on our roster for one Tai. Evelyn will box his up and we'll never see it again.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up being as solid as Tarin was as a freshman.  Hope you're right but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this signing. 

Right about what?  I don't know much about this kid.  I just don't think it would be hard to be as good a player as Smith was.  Most permiter Big ten recruits should be better than him IMO. 

Don't worry folks, there's only enough room on our roster for one Tai. Evelyn will box his up and we'll never see it again.

Now, what's Taj going to do about that? ;)

Right about what?  I don't know much about this kid.  I just don't think it would be hard to be as good a player as Smith was.  Most permiter Big ten recruits should be better than him IMO. 

I hope you're right in saying that he should end up being better than Tarin.  I thought Tarin was going to be a pretty solid player for us if he stuck with it.