Gavitt Tipoff Games - 2015

I read the article (nothing else to do until lunch) and have some comments and honest questions. When I read something with a byline I do not expect Grantland Rice but I do expect the writer to proofread what he writes. Does this guy get any pay for his twitter thoughts, or is he really an AKA for Icedragon? Dimes has much more skill with language and any number of posters here could do better with their basketball expertise. While I do agree that our matchup with Nova would rate a C if I had no vested interest, most of the ratings seemed to indicate a distinct Big East bias. I would guess this writer would pick the Big East about 50% of the time in the conference football matchups as well. It did pass the time though (and boy am I getting hungry).

That is why I said it was not worth the 3 min. To read it. It red like a young Jim Rome, too much flash and not enough meat and potatoes. I know it isn't a great match up for us or them, but you never know what will happen between then and now.

Do they have any players playing for their home countries this summer?:)

ESPN confirmed Georgetown at Maryland as well as the other matchups that were first reported by other media outlets: Xavier at MichiganCreighton at IndianaRutgers at St. John'sIllinois at ProvidenceNebraska at VillanovaPenn State at DePaul and Iowa at Marquette. All of these games will occur Nov. 17-20.

The only matchup that is confirmed for 2016 as a return is Maryland at Georgetown.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12736663/georgetown-hoyas-maryland-terrapins-play-gavitt-tipoff-games-new-big-ten-big-east-series

If I am the Big East do we feel like that we were slapped in the face that Ohio State and Mich. State aren' t playing any of these games. Just us crappy lowere level teams that are going to,run out of the gym?

Wisconsin isn't playing, either. Neither is Northwestern, Minnesota & Purdue. Butler & Seton Hall out for BE.

If I am the Big East do we feel like that we were slapped in the face that Ohio State and Mich. State aren' t playing any of these games. Just us crappy lowere level teams that are going to,run out of the gym?

Wisconsin isn't playing, either. Neither is Northwestern, Illinois & Purdue. Butler & Seton Hall out for BE.

Northwestern doesn't want to hinder their chances of making it into the First Four Out bubble watch.

Wisconsin isn't playing, either. Neither is Northwestern, Illinois & Purdue. Butler & Seton Hall out for BE.

Illinois is playing Providence.  You probably meant to say Minnesota instead.  :D

Illinois is playing Providence.  You probably meant to say Minnesota instead.   :D

I knew Pitino is Groce, not the other way around... ;)

Fixed it. Thx

Maybe folks will like this one better than the Off Tackle Empire one - 

BTPowerhouse Roundtable: Big Ten/Big East Challenge Discussion With Big East Coast Bias

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2015/4/22/8470607/btpowerhouse-roundtable-big-ten-big-east-challenge-discussion-with

Though, I will like seeing D.J. Newbill against DePaul.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Maybe folks will like this one better than the Off Tackle Empire one - 

BTPowerhouse Roundtable: Big Ten/Big East Challenge Discussion With Big East Coast Bias

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2015/4/22/8470607/btpowerhouse-roundtable-big-ten-big-east-challenge-discussion-with

Though, I will like seeing D.J. Newbill against DePaul.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

In his defense, he's one of the Big East Coast Bias bloggers, so maybe not so wired in to B1G hoops.  But yeah, kind of hard to defend one's CBBIQ with a statement like that huh?

I really want to go in abeat these guys now. We know what is up and I understand that people don't think much about us. But I'm getting real tired of the East Coast Basketball elitious attatude. Guess we could always drop the lets play football stupid question. Since they dropped it and then brought it back but I think they play in the FCS division.

Imreally hope that we win every onemof these games so,we can say , gosh what would have happened if our "good" programs would have played. It just grinds me,

See this is what happens when I don't have yogurt for breakfast, I get cranky and I can't find a Snickers anywhere.;)

I really want to go in abeat these guys now. We know what is up and I understand that people don't think much about us. But I'm getting real tired of the East Coast Basketball elitious attatude. Guess we could always drop the lets play football stupid question. Since they dropped it and then brought it back but I think they play in the FCS division.

Imreally hope that we win every onemof these games so,we can say , gosh what would have happened if our "good" programs would have played. It just grinds me,

See this is what happens when I don't have yogurt for breakfast, I get cranky and I can't find a Snickers anywhere. ;)

I wish football didn't have to be scheduled a century ahead of the game being played.  We could do these kind of games but have it also include a home and home series with their football team. Nebraska even in a bad year would pound their football team into the ground. At least they would get a good payday for the beatdown.

Big Ten Basketball Podcast: 2015 Big Ten/Big East Challenge Discussion

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btpowerhouse/2015/04/23/btpowerhouse-podcast-25--big-tenbig-east-challenge-discussion

In this episode, we discuss:

* Recent Big Ten news including NBA and recruiting developments

* General thoughts on the Big Ten/Big East Challenge

* Breakdowns of all 8 matchups

* The best game of the event

* What could be improved for the event

* Whether Nebraska and Rutgers stand a chance in their matchups

And more!

• 3 months later...