Gavitt Tipoff Games - 2015

I know Niner, I was just stirring the pot. Beatin' those sorry SOBs ONCE a year is more than enough for me!

LOL!  This is...we have to beat them first. We had our best shot this past season.  Until we beat them and beat them and beat them...I'm not sure we can get too excited.

I am MORE than ready to run off a string of wins against those miserable Catholics, I can barely remember our last W.

49r and Dimes: I stand in awe of your literary prowess. However any appreciation must be tempered by the sleep deprivation elicited by me watching every single pitch of the 7+ hour, 19 inning Red Sox/Yankee marathon last night. Never has an extremely shallow sacrifice fly been celebrated more vigorously. This feat may well represent the crowning achievement of my legendary sports viewing career and qualify me for the Sportsfan Hall of Fame.

I stayed up until the 18th inning ;)

I made it to the 15th inning.  Once Ortiz hit the home run, I didn't think the Yankees were going to win.  Much to my surprise to see the Red Sox win in the 19th inning.

I know Niner, I was just stirring the pot. Beatin' those sorry SOBs ONCE a year is more than enough for me!

LOL!  This is...we have to beat them first. We had our best shot this past season.  Until we beat them and beat them and beat them...I'm not sure we can get too excited.

I am MORE than ready to run off a string of wins against those miserable Catholics, I can barely remember our last W.

Actually, they're Jesuits.  Really, it's not quite the same thing.  Close, but ... they're sorta like your cousins from Missouri who you know are technically related to you but you prefer not to claim them.  It's kinda like that.

St. Ignatius of Loyola might be a bit disappointed and confused to see what the Society of Jesus has become.

NEBRASKA VS. VILLANOVA

Can somebody explain how they do the match-ups in this series?

In other similar agreements...they appear to match teams from the upper end v. upper....and lower v. lower.

Here is last year's 1st against tail end....and at Villanova.

Strange...good challenge for us...nothing to gain for them.

NEBRASKA VS. VILLANOVA

Can somebody explain how they do the match-ups in this series?

In other similar agreements...they appear to match teams from the upper end v. upper....and lower v. lower.

Here is last year's 1st against tail end....and at Villanova.

Strange...good challenge for us...nothing to gain for them.

We got'em right where we want them - low expectations to win the game. I'll take those odds!

Big Ten-Big East Showdown: Ranking the Gavitt Tipoff Games - Off Tackle Empire

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2015/4/21/8464341/big-ten-big-east-showdown-ranking-the-gavitt-tipoff-games

usa-today-8471454.0.jpg

6. Nebraska @ Villanova

Grade: C-

A Nebraska team that has now lost Terran Pettaway, Walter Pitchford, and two coaches will travel to face a Jay Wright-led team fresh off a season in which they got a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament (to say nothing of their being overrated).  I mean, sometimes a #beatemdown is fun, right?

I mean, at least let Penn State take an in-state beating, huh?

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2015/4/21/8464341/big-ten-big-east-showdown-ranking-the-gavitt-tipoff-games

usa-today-8471454.0.jpg

6. Nebraska @ Villanova

A Nebraska team that has now lost Terran Pettaway, Walter Pitchford, and two coaches will travel to face a Jay Wright-led team fresh off a season in which they got a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament (to say nothing of their being overrated).  I mean, sometimes a #beatemdown is fun, right?

Just read the whole article and I now am dumber for doing so. This guy makes Skip Bayless look like a genius.

usa-today-8471454.0.jpg

6. Nebraska @ Villanova

Just read the whole article and I now am dumber for doing so. This guy makes Skip Bayless look like a genius.

Thanks for saving me a little time in my life.

FWIW I found it entertaining enough and honestly would have given the Nebraska-Villinova matchup a D rating on that scale.

While I prefer to play Nova, travelling to DePaul would have been interesting given our recent Chicago hookup. DePaul makes us look like 90s Nebraska so playing Nova works.