Shavon Shields???

I think that Shavon should redshirt this next year, so that hopefully with our freshman and sophomores getting some playing time next year the team will have a chance to finish at .500 or better in the Big 10 in 2016-2017.  At this point next year looks like it is close to hopeless for a finish above ninth or tenth.

C'mon people.  It's just a point of view.  Over-reaction with all the down arrows is a bit disheartening.  It's a discussion board; feel free to disagree; express an opinion of your own.  But how is this any different than wishing we could bring a player back from the past to play on this or next year's team?  twinswingohuskers is simply saying it's too bad we won't have Shavon one more year for when Morrow and Watson are more experienced sophomores.  Why is that so wrong?

It's different because it looks like trolling, versus just idle chatter.  

Calling next year "hopeless" + saying we need to redshirt our best player to have even a shot at .500 the following year + low* total number of previous posts = the appearance of trolling.  

Hence why I down-voted the post and questioned why people are responding.

*I recognize that given my total number of posts, this point could be considered the pot calling the kettle black.

I think that Shavon should redshirt this next year, so that hopefully with our freshman and sophomores getting some playing time next year the team will have a chance to finish at .500 or better in the Big 10 in 2016-2017. At this point next year looks like it is close to hopeless for a finish above ninth or tenth.

C'mon people. It's just a point of view. Over-reaction with all the down arrows is a bit disheartening. It's a discussion board; feel free to disagree; express an opinion of your own. But how is this any different than wishing we could bring a player back from the past to play on this or next year's team? twinswingohuskers is simply saying it's too bad we won't have Shavon one more year for when Morrow and Watson are more experienced sophomores. Why is that so wrong?

It's different because it looks like trolling, versus just idle chatter.

Calling next year "hopeless" + saying we need to redshirt our best player to have even a shot at .500 the following year + low* total number of previous posts = the appearance of trolling.

Hence why I down-voted the post and questioned why people are responding.

*I recognize that given my total number of posts, this point could be considered the pot calling the kettle black.

He didn't call next year hopeless. He said it's close to hopeless to finish above 9th or 10th. You disagree? We'd have to finish better than 5 conference teams to get 9th. You think its not a little ambitious to think we'll do better? And above .500 in CONFERENCE if we still had Shavon the season after next. That might also be true. How many times last year did we wish we had another season of Ubel? Same exact thing.

With the way our conference schedule looks next year, I think it's entirely possible for us to finish 8th or higher.

From the Dienhart thread from the other day - as you can see, I concur w/ 9er!

Nebraska was top 3 the past two seasons in attendance, so there's that. I have a feeling that the Huskers will fall somewhere in the middle between the 4th & 12th place finishes of the past 2 seasons, i.e. 8th.