Tai Webster tweet losing more guys it sounds like

Can't believe anyone is surprised by this

The tone of it surprised me more.  To me, it sounds like there were some problems on the team this year, and Miles wants to rid the team of those problems before they take root.  

Of course this could all be mutual, but I have a feeling thats not the case.

Is this a culture problem? A coaching problem? A "quick the Titanic is sinking, get out while you can" problem?

There is some underlying issue. I know transfers happen all the time, both in our favor and not, but there is more to the story than typical. Maybe Miles straight up said "who wants to be here; if not, you know where the exits are"?

Is this a culture problem? A coaching problem? A "quick the Titanic is sinking, get out while you can" problem?

There is some underlying issue. I know transfers happen all the time, both in our favor and not, but there is more to the story than typical. Maybe Miles straight up said "who wants to be here; if not, you know where the exits are"?

This is college basketball.

Yep, no kidding. The past 2 seasons there were roughly 1,100 kids that transferred within Div. 1. Approximately 3 per program in that span....

Yep, no kidding. The past 2 seasons there were roughly 1,100 kids that transferred within Div. 1. Approximately 3 per program in that span....

So then what you are saying is that these departures should not be in any way shape or form used as an excuse next year since every other team in the nation is experiencing the same thing.

So then what you are saying is that these departures should not be in any way shape or form used as an excuse next year since every other team in the nation is experiencing the same thing.

Excuse for what?  I'm not seeing the 'excuse' train of thought... Most transfers are for PT or differences between players & coaching staff on roles. Happens everywhere for a variety of reasons, and likely doesn't translate to success or lack thereof.

That's quite a few. So 1.5 transfers per team each year. And that's just transfers. Not guys going pro early or situations like Pitchford's. If we were just seeing transfers it wouldn't be that bad of a thing. We lost Vooch, we lost Hawkins to transfer...I have a feeling that a majority or at least a good number of the transfers are out of the main rotation or low end contributor type guys such as a Hawkins or a Vooch. The problem I see for us is that if Petteway leaves, we are minus 3 rotation players from a team that was already extremely deficient in certain areas.

SIU has lost 5 to transfers, so I guess we have that to fall back on for optimism ^_^

I think Maryland had 7 leave last year, which didn't seem to hurt them too badly. Melo Trimble & Dez Wells might have had something to do with their resurgence, however. ;)

Yup..the pain of losing guys really depends on their replacements. We'd better hope that the guys we've put together for this upcoming class are as good as we think they're going to be.