Bears repeating...

Huskerpapa

I posted this within the recruiting forum, but I believe it bears repeating.  Ed Morrow was named All-State first team in Illinois.  Ed Morrow, Simeon's best player two years running and a major contributor for three, chose not to enter the renowned program with a big reputation like many of his teammates, instead he chose...NU.  Ed Morrow leaves HS as the #51 rated player in the country.  Let that resonate for just a moment...the 51st best HS player in the country

All-State First team baby. Stud is now spelled M-O-R-R-O-W...and he is coming to an arena near you!

Ed Morrow

High school: Simeon

Class: Senior

College: Nebraska

Position: Forward

Height: 6-7

Team highlights: Not winning state is a disappointment by Simeon standards, but the Wolverines did beat state-champion Stevenson 66-55 in the City-Suburban Showdown on Feb. 21 and swept city champion Bogan and Morgan Park in Red-South play to win the conference. They also won the Pontiac Holiday Tournament and went 28-4 despite a difficult schedule that included several out-of-state teams.

Individual highlights: As fast, strong and athletic as any big man in the state, he was MVP at Penny Hardaway tournaments in Memphis and Tampa and dominated Pontiac. He averaged 17 points, eight rebounds and three blocked shots.

FYI: Simeon's best player two years running and a major contributor for three, Morrow did not enter the renowned program with a big reputation like many of his teammates. He leaves the program as the No. 51-ranked recruit nationally by ESPN.com.

Repeated: "He has worked for everything he has. He came into the program and people didn't know who he was. Now he's ranked 51 by ESPN. I'm so proud of him." — Simeon coach Robert Smith

When he blocks shots he looks like he is falling from the sky instaed of jumping. Sometimes he is about to jump over the kid. Looks like me getting off the coach when I hear the ice cream man driving down the street. :)

The coach is probably very thankful every time he hears the ice cream truck coming.  ;)

When he blocks shots he looks like he is falling from the sky instaed of jumping. Sometimes he is about to jump over the kid. Looks like me getting off the coach when I hear the ice cream man driving down the street. :)

The coach is probably very thankful every time he hears the ice cream truck coming.  ;)

I sincerely hope Silver is sitting on a couch & not our coach! ;)

His highlight film from this year somebody posted is out of this world. Athletic, long, explosive, and his game has a ton of "torque," to it. Wish he was 2" taller, but hey, I'm the, "ignore the eye ball test on some guys," guy on this board .

There may be some hope!  He may still be growing!  :)

Here's Swan88 from the recruiting forum yesterday:

"Here ya go Norm:

Regarding Ed's height, Brian Rosenthall reported back on May 31, 2014: "Morrow, who recently turned 17, said he’s still growing, that he’s gone from 6-foot-6 at the start of last season, to his current 6-7½. Both measurements, he said, are without shoes."

His highlight film from this year somebody posted is out of this world. Athletic, long, explosive, and his game has a ton of "torque," to it. Wish he was 2" taller, but hey, I'm the, "ignore the eye ball test on some guys," guy on this board .

"Here ya go Norm:

Regarding Ed's height, Brian Rosenthall reported back on May 31, 2014: "Morrow, who recently turned 17, said he’s still growing, that he’s gone from 6-foot-6 at the start of last season, to his current 6-7½. Both measurements, he said, are without shoes."

Hey, and I hear you play the game with shoes on!

"Here ya go Norm:

Oughtta be good for an inch; or two.

;)

"Here ya go Norm:

Oughtta be good for an inch; or two.

;)

Just like Grandpa.

Here is a two-pronged theory supporting Ed Morrow, at 6' 7.5" w/o shoes (6'8" to 6'9" w/shoes), as a high-impact post player at Nebraska:

1. The primary missing piece for Nebrasketball's lack of significant success this year and in last year's post-season is Leslee Smith's knee problems. Consider this: (a) at the end of last year, Miles described Leslee's mobility as "like an old man," and ( b ) the highest Nebrasketball achievement this season is the win over Michigan St.--a game in which Leslee Smith played a never-duplicated 30 minutes.
2. Leslee Smith measures in at 6'8" (w/ or w/o shoes is unknown) and 254 lbs., according to Huskers.com. Ed Morrow measures in around the same height, but only at 214 lbs. (according to Rosenthall in September 2014). In this comparison, Ed Morrow has two advantages that overcome the 40 lb. weight differential: (a) Morrow can elevate with incredible athleticism (Leslee can't), and (b ) Ed Morrow has a chance to add significant bulk in the weight room at Nebraska--after all, if David Rivers can add 26 lbs. (from 174 lb. to 200 lb.), surely, Ed can do something similar.

Here is a two-pronged theory supporting Ed Morrow, at 6' 7.5" w/o shoes (6'8" to 6'9" w/shoes), as a high-impact post player at Nebraska:

1. The primary missing piece for Nebrasketball's lack of significant success this year and in last year's post-season is Leslee Smith's knee problems. Consider this: (a) at the end of last year, Miles described Leslee's mobility as "like an old man," and ( b ) the highest Nebrasketball achievement this season is the win over Michigan St.--a game in which Leslee Smith played a never-duplicated 30 minutes.

2. Leslee Smith measures in at 6'8" (w/ or w/o shoes is unknown) and 254 lbs., according to Huskers.com. Ed Morrow measures in around the same height, but only at 214 lbs. (according to Rosenthall in September 2014). In this comparison, Ed Morrow has two advantages that overcome the 40 lb. weight differential: (a) Morrow can elevate with incredible athleticism (Leslee can't), and (b ) Ed Morrow has a chance to add significant bulk in the weight room at Nebraska--after all, if David Rivers can add 26 lbs. (from 174 lb. to 200 lb.), surely, Ed can do something similar.

Ed already outweighs David Rivers.  He has better frame to add weight and bigger muscle structure.

I'm not kidding myself enough to think that Ed Morrow comes in as a Day 1 starter.  But Miles has said he's not bringing in a top 15 or 20 whatever recruiting class to have them sit on the bench.

Depending on who's back, I see Ed and Glynn playing pretty stout minutes for freshmen.  And Andrew White will probably get 30/game no matter what Petteway decides to do.

I really hope Morrow is everything everyone says he is.  I really do.  Would 7.2 ppg and 4.6 rpg be an acceptable contribution to this team?  Some people around here define players with that type of contribution as being lazy or disinterested.

Depends on the manner in which those stats come.   What type of defense does he play?