Is Nick Fuller That Bad?

I just dont understand Coach Miles.  He says at his news conference that he is going to go with Fuller and he will be in the rotation from this time on 2 weeks ago till the end of the season.  Now he is back to zero minutes.   Is he that bad to not help this team for any minutes?

I look at his stats the last 3 games Fuller got any playing time and I am really confused how these numbers are a liability for this basketball team.

Last 3 games Fuller actually played:

Minutes  59

Points 19

FG   8-15  53%

FT    1-1

RB    10

Blocks   1

Steals   2

Assists  1

Turnovers 1

I thought Fuller and Petteway ran the pick n roll very well when the double team went to Petteway.  Fuller could catch the ball and finish around the hoop

I watched the games closely on Defense and I thought Fuller held his own and did not look like a huge liability on Defense.  Miles is concerned that Fuller cannot keep guys from driving on him.

Well I watched last night where Illinois players drove on Parker, Rivers, Shields, Webster, Smith, Abraham and even Petteway.

So that excuse Coach Miles keeps saying to keep Fuller on the Bench something more than Miles is telling us because there is no coach around that would sit this kid the entire game that puts up the numbers above for some minutes of playing time.

I thought going from no minutes to starter for Fuller was really dumb by Coach Miles and put alot of pressure on the kid.  Why not ease Fuller into it and keep him at 10-20 minutes a game off the bench.  Its like Coach Miles purposely set Fuller up to fail or play with Fuller's confidence the last 2 weeks.    Zero to 100 and back to zero....SMH

There must be something in practice that the coaching staff builds the game plan around certain players, and Fuller hasn't performed in practice well enough to be a part of the plans for those particular games. Barring an unknown injury or personal stuff going on, it's really not that hard to figure out....

Good point Extreme, not really sure as I have to agree-seems as though he can hold his own on the defensive side of the ball. It's to bad that Norm and some of the "regular" posters don't want to give their opinion instead of making a stupid ass comment! But since they didn't start the thread, it's not a good topic-just to bad!

I thought going from no minutes to starter for Fuller was really dumb by Coach Miles and put alot of pressure on the kid.  Why not ease Fuller into it and keep him at 10-20 minutes a game off the bench.  Its like Coach Miles purposely set Fuller up to fail or play with Fuller's confidence the last 2 weeks.    Zero to 100 and back to zero....SMH

While I don't think it's unreasonable to question why Fuller doesn't get more playing time, your argument sunk into conspiracy-theory mode with that last paragraph.  Just downright silly.