Any one with more knowledge (okay that is most of you)

Good question.  I never like to question a coach as they know more than we do.  I was a little surprised at this as well. I thought Tai played really well early in the game.  I'm guessing some had to do with as much as Starks played for them.  Quick, quick, short guard that Benny was able to contain for the most part.

Tarin Smith only played 17 minutes (7 points on 2-4 shooting; 2 assists 0 TOs) while BP played 27 minutes (2 points on 1-5 shooting).  Plus, Illinois did not even feign to guard BP.  His man simply stood in the paint and waited for TP or SS to drive.  Its almost comical it is so blatant. 

TS was easily NU's most efficient scorer in the previous game vs. Ohio St. yet before game Miles said BP was getting start because of defense.

I'm getting sick of Miles preaching defense all the time just like Doc used to do (and finally got him fired).  I don't care how good of defense you play, if you can't score, you aren't going to win.  Tarrin is a good defender as well and can score which Benny can't.  You can't keep playing guys just for defense only.  Unless you can hold the other team in the 40's every night, we need people on the court that can play both ends and not just on the defensive end only!!!

Tarin Smith only played 17 minutes (7 points on 2-4 shooting; 2 assists 0 TOs) while BP played 27 minutes (2 points on 1-5 shooting).  Plus, Illinois did not even feign to guard BP.  His man simply stood in the paint and waited for TP or SS to drive.  Its almost comical it is so blatant. 

TS was easily NU's most efficient scorer in the previous game vs. Ohio St. yet before game Miles said BP was getting start because of defense.

Would like to see those minutes flipped, no doubt .