uneblinstu's post game chatter: ed 7, vol 28 - Illinois

I do think the fact that both Shavon and TP have struggled over the past month is a major cause of our slump.  They are our scoring threats.  The fact that they are banged on, double teamed, and well scouted all play a role.  I am not dissing them in the least.  Both work hard...expectations are a bitch sometimes.  They are good kids, so any hate that may be thrown their way is bush, especially in light of the plight the Petteway family is going through right now.

Here is my wish, I pray that TP's Mom recovers...I hope that TP comes back next year for a big senior run, and I am sure he will re-find his offensive game.

The great thing about this board is that posts like this one are more the rule than the exception. The bush league posts are the exception rather than the rule, and are well-policed.  Well stated above, CWG.

My guess with Nick Fuller not playing is Miles is sending him a message that he should look elsewhere at the end of the year.  We still need a big and we have basically 3 guys coming in who are similar skill set to Nick in Michael Jacobsen, McVeigh, and White.

I don't buy the he doesn't match up well with Illinois or Ohio State because he played 30 minutes against a top 15 team on the road two weeks ago and played the best on the team (except for Pitchford hitting a some threes).  He makes off hand reverse layups and we have guys I don't even know if they have ever used their off hand.

Don't think he is the answer, but no reason why he should be playing 20 minutes right now, to see if he can help us next year.

Maryland is a top-15 team, but they didn't have the players to punish Fuller in the paint or to explode past him on the wing. Illinois has that in bunches.

They might have, but you would think he would have at least got a chance especially already being down Pitchford.  Its not like we have been playing good defense the last month so it wouldn't be much worse.  

My guess with Nick Fuller not playing is Miles is sending him a message that he should look elsewhere at the end of the year.  We still need a big and we have basically 3 guys coming in who are similar skill set to Nick in Michael Jacobsen, McVeigh, and White.

I don't buy the he doesn't match up well with Illinois or Ohio State because he played 30 minutes against a top 15 team on the road two weeks ago and played the best on the team (except for Pitchford hitting a some threes).  He makes off hand reverse layups and we have guys I don't even know if they have ever used their off hand.

Don't think he is the answer, but no reason why he should be playing 20 minutes right now, to see if he can help us next year.

Maryland is a top-15 team, but they didn't have the players to punish Fuller in the paint or to explode past him on the wing. Illinois has that in bunches.

They might have, but you would think he would have at least got a chance especially already being down Pitchford.  Its not like we have been playing good defense the last month so it wouldn't be much worse.  

I suspect Miles was more interested in how we played defense in this game.  And we played it very well for the most part. 

I suspect Miles was more interested in how we played defense in this game.  And we played it very well for the most part. 

They did play good D except 3 point defense, and L Smith and Rivers played extremely well.  But they played 32 and 37 minutes,  that is a lot of minutes for 2 role players, especially when it sounded like Smith's knee has been bothering him.  I think we are worrying too much about getting guys on the court for defensive reasons, when in the last 10 games we have scored over 57 points twice.

It always astounds me that thier arena holds 17,000 people.  It just doesn't look that big on TV.

I'd really like to go to a game there someday though.

I spent a summer in Champaign/Urbana, the "REAL" Twin Cities folks there will tell you. That arena is sweet, & as I'm sure you heard last night, they will be completely renovating the inside ASAP. AND they will always have Chicago right up the road...

I liked the fight the team showed against the Illini.  Too bad the hot shooting start to the 2nd half couldn't continue for a few minutes longer.  Good shooting cures many evils.  

Smith gave us a post presence and made some nice plays.  All we can ask is that the Huskers keep giving a good effort.

It always astounds me that thier arena holds 17,000 people.  It just doesn't look that big on TV.

I'd really like to go to a game there someday though.

I spent a summer in Champaign/Urbana, the "REAL" Twin Cities folks there will tell you. That arena is sweet, & as I'm sure you heard last night, they will be completely renovating the inside ASAP. AND they will always have Chicago right up the road...

I'm very aware of the arena's sweetness, and I've been following the renovation since they started it a year ago:  http://www.fightingillini.com/statefarmcenter/ They're gonna really widen the hallways, Creighton fan would approve.  ;)

Seriously though, the thing that I enjoy the most about it is probably the unique design.  It is truly unique.  I'd love to go visit someday.

Yep, That is what the old Coliseum was like when I was a kid. I love the Vault and actually liked the Bob, but boys do I miss going to the Coiseum for basketball games.

I can vaguely remember going to the 'Coliseum' (for the State Basketball tournament).  :D   Never been to the 'Bob' though (did make it to PBA for the Penn State game last year - we Won!).