Regardless what anybody thinks.....

The heat is on Miles to fix the problems from this season get this team in NCAA Bubble conversation or at least top 3 seed in NIT. With several seniors returning and addition of (On Paper) quality talent Miles needs to get this program back on track. Year 4 of the Miles will be the defining season for Miles on if he is really the guy or not. Two under .500 seasons out 3 is not good guys regardless what power 5 conference school your coaching its not good. 

Can he do it? Absolutely in my mind I can see a 19 or more win season I believe in Tim Miles but going below .500 two out 3 years has me a little nervous.

The heat is on Miles to fix the problems from this season get this team in NCAA Bubble conversation or at least top 3 seed in NIT. With several seniors returning and addition of (On Paper) quality talent Miles needs to get this program back on track. Year 4 of the Miles will be the defining season for Miles on if he is really the guy or not. Two under .500 seasons out 3 is not good guys regardless what power 5 conference school your coaching its not good. 

Can he do it? Absolutely in my mind I can see a 19 or more win season I believe in Tim Miles but going below .500 two out 3 years has me a little nervous.

You sir are..................................... incorrect

This thinking is off. We were supposed to still be in building mode in year 3. Problem is, we had such a great year 2, such an explosive rise and a rise in expectations quickly followed. Was it a bad thing that we had a better than expected year last year? No way. Helped in recruiting. Now the only thing the good year 2 did was magnify the problems of year 3. And there definitely are problems. They need fixed but in no way is there any heat on Miles. He knows they need fixed. Again, there is no heat on the coach who unexpectedly took this team to the tournament they hadn't played in for 15 years at least 3 or so years sooner than most expected upon hire.

Who knows what Eichorst is thinking. It's not necessarily what the fans are thinking. AD's can be tricky like that sometimes, they like to put their own stamp on things and the biggest places he can do that are in football (he's already done that and that'll be the biggest determiner of how well he does his job) and men's basketball. The fact still remains that SE didn't hire Miles. If it goes in the tank next year (which I absolutely do not expect, but it's not entirely out of the question) I don't think anyone can say for certain how SE will respond. Miles *shouldn't* be on the hot seat next year...or the year after, but that doesn't mean he won't be. Just because BC and DS got six years doesn't mean Miles will.

Who set these limits? And can you name names or will get you in trouble?

Who knows what Eichorst is thinking. It's not necessarily what the fans are thinking. AD's can be tricky like that sometimes, they like to put their own stamp on things and the biggest places he can do that are in football (he's already done that and that'll be the biggest determiner of how well he does his job) and men's basketball. The fact still remains that SE didn't hire Miles. If it goes in the tank next year (which I absolutely do not expect, but it's not entirely out of the question) I don't think anyone can say for certain how SE will respond. Miles *shouldn't* be on the hot seat next year...or the year after, but that doesn't mean he won't be. Just because BC and DS got six years doesn't mean Miles will.

Miles had a 7 year contract he signed with Osborne as AD. And, from the goings on around Nebraska athletics, I would venture to speculate that Eichorst isn't making a change unless there are significant issues both on & off the court in the basketball world. New football coach is consuming attention and the bottom line is the Nebraska basketball culture needs nurturing & a revolving door at the helm of the program isn't going to help any one entity associated with Nebrasketball. Eichorst is a big fan of positive energy & doesn't want energy vampires who tend to suck the life out of things. Miles is a huge proponent of this same mindset of positive energy as a basis of his foundation. I have a feeling that Miles gets along with Eichorst, something Bo Pelini never did.

If Collier & Sadler BOTH got 6 years, why in the he!! is Miles catching any flak at this point... Sheesh Louise!!

Some may say giving Collier and Sadler six years did not work.  Why give Miles that long?

I don't feel Miles is on the hot seat this season.  Hopefully he hasn't lost the team.  If he has lost the team and they lose out, then everyone is going to be watching next season.  Still if they play hard from start to finish next season,  finish near .500 and get another 4-star recruit, he deserves to be back for another year.

If he loses the team for two years in a row, maybe its time for him to consider a career on Comedy Central

That would be sweet because you know CC isn't going to be the same after Dailey leaves. So Tim would have a ready made show and could jump right in. This is Brilliant, Tim will throw the season, get fired, get what for his buy, and then get even more for taking on the Dailey Show after the guy who follows John falls on his face. Because we all know you never want to be the guy who takes over for THE MAN when he leaves.

Man Tim is like the guy from The Music Man how he has taken us rubes for all our money and our hearts. He is good.

Miles had a 7 year contract he signed with Osborne as AD. And, from the goings on around Nebraska athletics, I would venture to speculate that Eichorst isn't making a change unless there are significant issues both on & off the court in the basketball world. New football coach is consuming attention and the bottom line is the Nebraska basketball culture needs nurturing & a revolving door at the helm of the program isn't going to help any one entity associated with Nebrasketball. Eichorst is a big fan of positive energy & doesn't want energy vampires who tend to suck the life out of things. Miles is a huge proponent of this same mindset of positive energy as a basis of his foundation. I have a feeling that Miles gets along with Eichorst, something Bo Pelini never did.

None of us have any idea what Eichorst's and Miles' relationship is like. If he puts another season like this one on the floor, we have no idea what will happen. We really don't, it's all speculation.

If Collier & Sadler BOTH got 6 years, why in the he!! is Miles catching any flak at this point... Sheesh Louise!!

Some may say giving Collier and Sadler six years did not work.  Why give Miles that long?

I don't feel Miles is on the hot seat this season.  Hopefully he hasn't lost the team.  If he has lost the team and they lose out, then everyone is going to be watching next season.  Still if they play hard from start to finish next season,  finish near .500 and get another 4-star recruit, he deserves to be back for another year.

If he loses the team for two years in a row, maybe its time for him to consider a career on Comedy Central

Perhaps you need to consider Comedy Central for yourself, 'cuz this is a joke!

None of us have any idea what Eichorst's and Miles' relationship is like. If he puts another season like this one on the floor, we have no idea what will happen. We really don't, it's all speculation.

Maybe you don't know, but there are people who likely know. Just sayin': Tim ain't no Bo!

Moronic post...The arena is full, interest in basketball has never been higher & he just signed one of the top 3 classes in Nebrasketball history.

Yes, we need to be better next year to keep the momentum going.  But get real, all schools have down years.  Look at Michigan this year.  Is Belien getting fired..no.  Look at Creighton, is McDermott going anywhere, no..

Maybe you don't know, but there are people who likely know. Just sayin': Tim ain't no Bo!

I never claimed he was.