All set

Row6Seat10

Wasn't really wanting that matchup, but we'll take a swing.  Extra day rest/preparation for Illinois, although with the Thursday game it won't be a big deal.    Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, and their post size will be a problem.  We had two nail-biters in the earlier games, and that was without Crawford playing.  Illinois was swinging the ball well today, with lots of post touches.  They will need to have an off shooting night.  We will have to play extremely well to win. 

White scores 30 today.  Is she the biggest recruiting miss in Husker history?  As to instate players, I have to think so.  Kendra Wecker was a big one if we count out of state recruits.

Wasn't really wanting that matchup, but we'll take a swing.  Extra day rest/preparation for Illinois, although with the Thursday game it won't be a big deal.    Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, and their post size will be a problem.  We had two nail-biters in the earlier games, and that was without Crawford playing.  Illinois was swinging the ball well today, with lots of post touches.  They will need to have an off shooting night.  We will have to play extremely well to win. 

White scores 30 today.  Is she the biggest recruiting miss in Husker history?  As to instate players, I have to think so.  Kendra Wecker was a big one if we count out of state recruits.

Do you define White as a miss because she didn't chose Nebraska? They did recruit her, how hard I have no idea. Maybe she just wanted to go out of state.

Do you define White as a miss because she didn't chose Nebraska? They did recruit her, how hard I have no idea. Maybe she just wanted to go out of state.

Yes.   I wasn't trying to cast aspersions, place blame, or revisit the reasons.   Just pointing out the fact of a huge miss on an in-state player.  At a position where we have a dramatic shortage of size and depth.  Can't help thinking about how good we could have been with 3 years of White and Shepard together.

Yes.   I wasn't trying to cast aspersions, place blame, or revisit the reasons.   Just pointing out the fact of a huge miss on an in-state player.  At a position where we have a dramatic shortage of size and depth.  Can't help thinking about how good we could have been with 3 years of White and Shepard together.

Correct HB....

Sure, we would have been better with both of them......We...possibly... could have been better the next couple of years,  if the Page girls had stayed too.

As I recall Yori has said a couple of times, they recruited White....White just choose to go somewhere else. Who knows, the fact that Shepard was already commited...may have....made White think about looking else where...they are somewhat playing the same position...it's happened before when there's a lot of competition at the same position...in all sports

Sometimes there are choices made that we can't control.....all you can do is learn from what happens, and move forward with what we have. Next year we'll get some height, and help inside + Washington...the three girls currently committed are all 6'-1 or taller.

We may well be stronger on the boards.....we'll see....we should be bigger inside....not as experienced, but some bigger bodies.

We've got to win for several reasons....more wins solidfy the NCAA bid. More wins get better recruits to look at NU as a place they want to be....pride.... etc  etc etc

White scores 30 today.  Is she the biggest recruiting miss in Husker history?  

Nebraska wanted her and recruited her diligently. So did a lot of other programs with a lot more pedigree/historical success than Illinois.

She went to Illinois because, in her own words, she saw the most similarity between it and her AAU program. That AAU program has sent three players to Illinois; a fourth was committed to Illinois' coach when he was at Green Bay but decided to flip to Nebraska after he left for Illinois. 

Nebraska wanted her and recruited her diligently. So did a lot of other programs with a lot more pedigree/historical success than Illinois.

She went to Illinois because, in her own words, she saw the most similarity between it and her AAU program. That AAU program has sent three players to Illinois; a fourth was committed to Illinois' coach when he was at Green Bay but decided to flip to Nebraska after he left for Illinois.

OK Sam, I have Sadie Murran, Brooke Kissinger and Chatrice White. Who is the fourth girl from Nebraska who has committed to the Illinois coach.

OK Sam, I have Sadie Murran, Brooke Kissinger and Chatrice White. Who is the fourth girl from Nebraska who has committed to the Illinois coach.

Isn't Kissinger's little sister going there?

Not from Nebraska. From Council Bluffs -- Kyley Simmons. But she was on the same AAU team. 

Dunno. She hasn't committed there, I don't think.

I know she took a visit to Nebraska, but I haven't heard any more on it.

I know she took a visit to Nebraska, but I haven't heard any more on it.
Taylor Kissinger has offers from Nebraska, Illinois as well as a lot of other schools. So far no commitment.

Taylor Kissinger has been in attendance the last three games in PBA now. I would guess her interest in the Huskers is real.

I will have to start paying attention to her, when she gets over Hastings way. Looked over there seen Shepard but no one else that I knew.

Illinois looking past us?

“We’re excited for the rematch,” Bollant said. “I’m not going to give Nebraska anything to say in here, but yeah, we’re excited to play and excited to have a bye. We feel like we lost a couple heartbreakers, so we’re fortunate enough to have another opportunity against them.”

Illinois probably had a higher tournament seed in mind before Big Ten play started, but coming in at No. 10 isn’t so bad. The Illini nearly beat Nebraska twice this season and did so without Ivory Crawford. Her playmaking might have helped Illinois hold onto its late leads in both games. Beat Nebraska and future opponents then would be Iowa and likely Minnesota or Ohio State. Illinois beat them all

This hack also gives his conference picks for top players in the conference.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/womens-basketball/2015-03-01/its-tourney-time-ui-women-seeded-10th-big-ten.html

Illinois looking past us?

“We’re excited for the rematch,” Bollant said. “I’m not going to give Nebraska anything to say in here, but yeah, we’re excited to play and excited to have a bye. We feel like we lost a couple heartbreakers, so we’re fortunate enough to have another opportunity against them.”

Illinois probably had a higher tournament seed in mind before Big Ten play started, but coming in at No. 10 isn’t so bad. The Illini nearly beat Nebraska twice this season and did so without Ivory Crawford. Her playmaking might have helped Illinois hold onto its late leads in both games. Beat Nebraska and future opponents then would be Iowa and likely Minnesota or Ohio State. Illinois beat them all

This hack also gives his conference picks for top players in the conference.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/womens-basketball/2015-03-01/its-tourney-time-ui-women-seeded-10th-big-ten.html

So who were his conference picks? The article was all grayed out so I couldn't read it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk