Paying the price?

golfer3

No. I think Miles put all his marbles into the 2015 recruiting class, and i think it is going to pay off. We have 3 top 150 guys coming in next year.

Miles still needs to land a legitimate post threat. it's the one thing he has not been able to accomplish in his 3 years here. Leslee maybe could have been that guy if he was 100% healthy, but i think we need a guy that is 6'9+ that is a legitimate double double threat.

Ok, I have to ask this question and I'm sure this had been talked about elsewhere but I missed it. Some of my friends seem to think that coach Miles's seat might be getting a little warm, do you guys think this is possible? I refuse to believe this as he is only in his 3rd year and last season I'm sure has bought him plenty of time. But, what if next season is like this season? Could he be in trouble?

I do believe all the marble's are in next years bag as Smiles has already stated. We will be upgrading our perimeter shooting( I hope) as well as gaining some depth. As far as a post threat, is Hammonds never going to be a viable option here?

I don't think Mile's office should be chained up, the players seemed to have had flat out quit against Iowa, that's unacceptable...imo! 

Ok, I have to ask this question and I'm sure this had been talked about elsewhere but I missed it. Some of my friends seem to think that coach Miles's seat might be getting a little warm, do you guys think this is possible? I refuse to believe this as he is only in his 3rd year and last season I'm sure has bought him plenty of time. But, what if next season is like this season? Could he be in trouble?

I do believe all the marble's are in next years bag as Smiles has already stated. We will be upgrading our perimeter shooting( I hope) as well as gaining some depth. As far as a post threat, is Hammonds never going to be a viable option here?

I don't think Mile's office should be chained up, the players seemed to have had flat out quit against Iowa, that's unacceptable...imo! 

His seat is not even remotely warm.  He's been here only 3 years and we've made the NCAA tournament 33% of the time he's been here so far.  We hadn't even made the Big Dance in like that last 15 years and he will also have 3 four star recruits on the rooster next year.  Who in their right mind would fire him or even think of firing him at this point or even next year???  Based on what he started with, you have to give him at least 5 years and then if we still aren't making post season, he will be on the "hot" seat.

Some of my friends seem to think that coach Miles's seat might be getting a little warm, do you guys think this is possible? I refuse to believe this as he is only in his 3rd year and last season I'm sure has bought him plenty of time. But, what if next season is like this season? Could he be in trouble?

Doc Sadler coached here for six years, as did Barry Collier. Neither ever sniffed the success that Miles achieved last year. Danny Nee didn't until his fifth year. Tim Miles should have til the end of the decade.

But you know that there are a$$hats in this state who would think that his seat is warm because this team is an embarrassment to this state on national TV.

Which in turn some how makes the rest of the non-playing people in Nebraska look bad.

So yes I am not surprised that there are people who think his seat is more than warm.

I think there are some on this site who think that Tim was not the right pick and that he won't change anything that has to do with winning basketball at Nebraska.

Some of my friends seem to think that coach Miles's seat might be getting a little warm, do you guys think this is possible? I refuse to believe this as he is only in his 3rd year and last season I'm sure has bought him plenty of time. But, what if next season is like this season? Could he be in trouble?

Doc Sadler coached here for six years, as did Barry Collier. Neither ever sniffed the success that Miles achieved last year. Danny Nee didn't until his fifth year. Tim Miles should have til the end of the decade.

Doc sadler was a bit of a hothead, bad recruiter, never made the ncaa tournament, and he coached here for 6 years. Miles should get at least 7 years unless things get terribly bad the next few years.

His seat is not even remotely warm.  He's been here only 3 years and we've made the NCAA tournament 33% of the time he's been here so far.  We hadn't even made the Big Dance in like that last 15 years and he will also have 3 four star recruits on the rooster next year.  Who in their right mind would fire him or even think of firing him at this point or even next year???  Based on what he started with, you have to give him at least 5 years and then if we still aren't making post season, he will be on the "hot" seat.

:)

Really? Do you remember how close we were to making the tournament a couple of times under Doc? In his six years, only once did he finish with a team outside the top 100 on KenPom - his last team which we can all agree was absolutely atrocious. On the flip side, two of Tim Miles' teams have finished outside the top-100 (#125 and #130) - pending the results of the next couple of weeks. And Doc's best team was better than we were last year according to KenPom.

Now obviously KenPom isn't everything - making the NCAA Tournament means something (a lot) - but saying "Doc never even sniffed the success of Miles" is simply not true.

I'm in the camp that Miles is not on the hot seat, by the way. But if we go under 0.500 next year, it will be warming up.

Are we now paying the price when Miles didn't earlier fill all the schollies? It seems he should have filled them with offense-skilled players. Or, maybe Miles made a significant misdiagnosis of his team's offensive skills.

Get the chains off the locker room and apply to Miles office.

Your first paragraph raises legit questions about some of the guys that Miles has or not recruited that is overshadowed by your unnecessarily inflammatory last sentence. "Put the chains on Miles' office" isn't a rational or meaningful thought

No. I think Miles put all his marbles into the 2015 recruiting class, and i think it is going to pay off. We have 3 top 150 guys coming in next year.

Miles still needs to land a legitimate post threat. it's the one thing he has not been able to accomplish in his 3 years here. Leslee maybe could have been that guy if he was 100% healthy, but i think we need a guy that is 6'9+ that is a legitimate double double threat.

This recruiting class is about as good as NU could have with Glynn Watson, Ed Morrow Jr, Michael Jacobsen, Jack McVeigh & transfer Andrew White III being added to the mix. All seem to be high level recruits. It would be great to have a JUCO or grad transfer as a big to complete the roster. The future appears bright, even if this year's fall to earth landed with a thud.

Once again, this shows the ignorance of some people in the state in terms of basketball, and Lifetimesker I'm not directing this towards you at all.  He is not even close to being on the hot seat.  Unbelievable that someone would even think that.  

Please recall after 3 years Docs record was 55-47, Miles currently at 47-46.  Miles has a bigger budget and much nicer facilities than Doc did during most of his career.  Just sayin.

NU hoops for all practical purposes starts next season with T Smith, Watson and Morrow.  What we have been watching is simply patchwork basketball by a patchwork roster.

Please recall after 3 years Docs record was 55-47, Miles currently at 47-46.  Miles has a bigger budget and much nicer facilities than Doc did during most of his career.  Just sayin.

NU hoops for all practical purposes starts next season with T Smith, Watson and Morrow.  What we have been watching is simply patchwork basketball by a patchwork roster.

It starts with two players who have never stepped foot on a D-1 court instead of two players who have amassed over 1,000 career points at Nebraska? ...ok...

Please quit going of Sam Mckewon's tweets.  That guy is off his rocker.  He's the same guy claiming Nebraska was one shot away from a NCAA appearance in Doc's third year.  :lol:

Oh and in regards to those records...

SOS (per kenpom)

07- 65

08- 73

09- 59

13- 5

14- 22

15- 38

Miles was left a mess when Doc was let go.  Doc had a couple players with a pulse when he arrived.  Count me as one that will be a bit concern if we see the same mess next year.  That said, I don't believe we will.

But also Doc played about as soft of non-conference schedule as he could get every year whereas Miles doesn't do that. 

Please recall that the non-conf schedule that Doc assembled was much easier. The comparison between Tim & Doc after the NEXT 3 years will be of great interest....

Miles was left a mess when Doc was let go.  Doc had a couple players with a pulse when he arrived.  Count me as one that will be a bit concern if we see the same mess next year.  That said, I don't believe we will.

Including the likes of Sek Henry and Ryan Anderson as freshman when Doc arrived.  And if I recall, Maric was only a junior that year.  So he was handed a much better roster with a much easier non con schedule.

The comparison between Doc and Miles in their first 3 years is so pathetic.