Attitude and Effort

PeltzFan12

During basketball practice last night, I got on my team about their Attitude and Effort, because after getting down early this past Saturday, a few of my player's started pouting, making excuses, some even gave up all together.  

Attitude = Stay Positive, Don't Pout, Don't sulk

Effort = Give maximum effort regardless of the game situation/score.

I really felt like my player's got it.  We will have to see this Saturday.

I think Coach Mile's will be talking to his guys about this (I hope)

Outside of our coaching staff, who are our leader's to help this???  TP?  Hit A and E were lacking, ahem, to say the least.

During basketball practice last night, I got on my team about their Attitude and Effort, because after getting down early this past Saturday, a few of my player's started pouting, making excuses, some even gave up all together.  

Attitude = Stay Positive, Don't Pout, Don't sulk

Effort = Give maximum effort regardless of the game situation/score.

I really felt like my player's got it.  We will have to see this Saturday.

I think Coach Mile's will be talking to his guys about this (I hope)

Outside of our coaching staff, who are our leader's to help this???  TP?  Hit A and E were lacking, ahem, to say the least.

I AM SO LOST.

A former coach of mine used to always preach that Attitude and Effort are the two things you can always control.  Not just in sports but in life.  Unfortunately, we have a few guys on our squad who don't seem to respond very well to adversity.  When things don't go well, they sulk/pout and are essentially done.  I'm not around at practice or in the locker room so I don't know what we tell these guys, but we won't go anywhere until we toughen up mentally.