New Testament

throwback

Quite a few guys stepped up for NU yesterday but #21 was huge too, recording his best numbers in more than a calendar year. Not bad for a guy not quite 7 months off an ACL injury:

• 7 pts was his highest pt total since 1/12/14 at Purdue
  • 7 reb was his highest reb total since 1/5/14 at Ohio St
  • 30 min was the most he has ever played as a D-1 player, either as a Husker or at SMU
  • For this season in total he had played 34 min with 9 pts & 7 reb before the MSU game, so he basically doubled his season numbers in one game

Tai's play came out of nowhere yesterday, but so did Smith's. We're going to miss Rivers' steady play for this week's road games, but it's really nice to have another senior to plug into the starting lineup.

Weird it seems to refer to Leslee as New Testament since he's the oldest player for the Huskers. I realize Moses Abraham is "Old Testament" for obvious reasons. Whatever you want to call Leslee Smith, he was definitely a warrior when you consider he's less than 8 months removed from his 2nd career ACL tear! Go Wesley Snipes (another nickname for LS)!

I liked Leslee's play a lot.  Losing David was a silent blow.  True fans know what he brings to the table...and quite frankly, Leslee minutes made up for David's absence and that was great to see.

But, to me, Tai is the one that was absolutely great to see.  The kid plays great defense on the toughest guards, he made some fantastic moves and passes (he should have had three or four more assists if we knock down the open looks, he has good handles, he rebounds well and he scores double figure points.  We have needed him and I hope and pray he keeps the mojo going.