Michigan St (13-6 4-2 3rd) Vs. Nebraska (11-7 3-3 5th) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Is it time for Mile's to boot Pitchford like he did Biggs last year? He keeps doing stupid crap and doesn't learn.

That's a little overreaction.  That was his first really bad play this year.  His technical last game was outrageous.  Biggs kept missing team meetings last year.

It isn't the first bad thing he's done this year, though, and his attitude this year hasn't always appeared to be the greatest.

Is it time for Mile's to boot Pitchford like he did Biggs last year? He keeps doing stupid crap and doesn't learn.

That's a little overreaction.  That was his first really bad play this year.  His technical last game was outrageous.  Biggs kept missing team meetings last year.

It isn't the first bad thing he's done this year, though, and his attitude this year hasn't always appeared to be the greatest.

If we're going to be like that, Petteway should be gone, too.  He has cost the team at time with his attitude.  Walt's attitude since the Inarcante Word game has been much improved. 

I have no problem with Pitchford's ejection, but how can the official look at the replay, see the blatant hold and not call a foul or a technical on the player holding him? Pitchford shouldn't hit the guy, but if guys get away with holding and nothing gets called, then frustration is going to boil over. Hitting is wrong, but  so is blatant, uncalled holding. College basketball referees are  terrible

In order for them to do that, it'd have to be allowed for them to do that.

If they saw him hit Walt first they could call it on the replay. I believe officials have discretion for calling technicals for misconduct and provoking.

Did he hit Walt?

He had Walt's arm, but it didn't look like he was provoking anything.  That kind of hold happens quite often during a game, I'd suspect.

And that kind of hold happening all the time is why I believe college officials are terrible

I have no problem with Pitchford's ejection, but how can the official look at the replay, see the blatant hold and not call a foul or a technical on the player holding him? Pitchford shouldn't hit the guy, but if guys get away with holding and nothing gets called, then frustration is going to boil over. Hitting is wrong, but  so is blatant, uncalled holding. College basketball referees are  terrible

In order for them to do that, it'd have to be allowed for them to do that.

If they saw him hit Walt first they could call it on the replay. I believe officials have discretion for calling technicals for misconduct and provoking.

Did he hit Walt?

He had Walt's arm, but it didn't look like he was provoking anything.  That kind of hold happens quite often during a game, I'd suspect.

And that kind of hold happening all the time is why I believe college officials are terrible

That doesn't change the fact that they can't call him for it looking at the replay.