Tarin Smith, 18 games into freshman season

Norm Peterson

Moody got his pocket picked by Xavier's guards a couple times early and it set the tone for the rest of the game. I still say we never recovered. They came out and punched us in the mouth and we took a step back.

Just for fun, I found the game on Youtube. 

As I said, Moody got his pocket picked bringing the ball up twice, on consecutive possessions, within the first 3 minutes of the game,  He then fouled the Xavier player going to the basket after each pick and gave up 4 consecutive points all by himself.  He was immediately pulled from the game.  And I still say we never recovered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJww8hasnQA

So, a few random thoughts about that game.

• I forgot that Pete Gillen was the coach for Xavier, now he does color for CBS Sports network.  Can't really stand to watch games he does...maybe because of this game?
  • WTH was Danny thinking with that tie?  Dart board?  Really???
  • Hey Farmer, tuck yer damn shirt in man!
  • This video reminded me how white hot X was from 3 and how ice cold we were from anywhere to start
  • Xavier was criminally under seeded that year I think.  They had come off a sweet 16 the year before
  • I like the Piatkowski kid!  I think he might be a good one for us.
  • TURNOVERS!  Oh my God!  I still have PTSD thinking about how terribly undisciplined Nee's teams played.
  • I feel like I'm watching Benny Parker playing the Keith Moody role there...or is it Keith Moody playing the role of Benny Parker...
  • Wow, 8 guys on the lane during free throws.  Crazy!
  • Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!!!  Jeez, guys!
  • Rich King had a really pretty mid-range jumper, didn't he?
  • All right, down only 3 at the half, we'll get 'em in the second half no doubt.

Okay that's the first half...maybe I'll watch the rest later.  Or maybe I'll save my sanity and not watch it.  Thanks for the link anyway, Norm.

This thread as all the ups and downs of a freshman

Great segway back into the original topic.

Hey, how about that Tarin Smith. Just continues to impress, huh? Major, major, plus plus athleticism.

Imagine being Tarin Smith and stumbling upon this cool thread about how you're on the up and up and how your playing time has steadily increased only to realize it has deteriorated into discussion of a game that happened several years before you were born. Then you click on the YouTube link and wonder what everyone was wearing.

This thread as all the ups and downs of a freshman

Great segway back into the original topic.

Hey, how about that Tarin Smith. Just continues to impress, huh? Major, major, plus plus athleticism.

Imagine being Tarin Smith and stumbling upon this cool thread about how you're on the up and up and how your playing time has steadily increased only to realize it has deteriorated into discussion of a game that happened several years before you were born. Then you click on the YouTube link and wonder what everyone was wearing.

So true, that is funny.:)