Front Row Amos Gregory Jersery

Tallbaby21

Is the guy who sits across from the visitors' bench in the #4 Gregory jersey on here? Is that really an Amos Gregory jersey? Also got a laugh searching for Amos Gregory and coming across this article from the Lawrence paper saying his signing vaulted us to #10 in the nation for the 1992 class. 

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/1992/jun/12/class_11th_best_in/

"Recruiting expert Bob Gibbons has rated KU's class Darrin Hancock, Chris Davis and Julian Winfield 11th best in the country and second best in the Big Eight.

Gibbons tabbed Nebraska's recruiting class tops in the Big Eight and 10th best in the U.S.

Nebraska vaulted in the rankings after corralling 6-8, 260-pound Amos Gregory of Aquinas Juco in Tennessee. Gregory is so talented some schools in the Southeastern Conference tried to persuade their football staffs to award him a scholarship, just to get him on campus. Tennessee, for one, had no basketball scholarships to offer.

Other top NU signees included Ron Boone, a 6-5 guard out of Salt Lake City, and Eric Strickland, 6-4, of Bellevue, Neb. One has to wonder if Strickland, an outstanding football prospect, will someday be tempted to play for Tom Osborne at Nebraska. . ."

Is the guy who sits across from the visitors' bench in the #4 Gregory jersey on here? Is that really an Amos Gregory jersey? Also got a laugh searching for Amos Gregory and coming across this article from the Lawrence paper saying his signing vaulted us to #10 in the nation for the 1992 class. 

"Recruiting expert Bob Gibbons has rated KU's class Darrin Hancock, Chris Davis and Julian Winfield 11th best in the country and second best in the Big Eight.

Gibbons tabbed Nebraska's recruiting class tops in the Big Eight and 10th best in the U.S.

Nebraska vaulted in the rankings after corralling 6-8, 260-pound Amos Gregory of Aquinas Juco in Tennessee. Gregory is so talented some schools in the Southeastern Conference tried to persuade their football staffs to award him a scholarship, just to get him on campus. Tennessee, for one, had no basketball scholarships to offer.

Other top NU signees included Ron Boone, a 6-5 guard out of Salt Lake City, and Eric Strickland, 6-4, of Bellevue, Neb. One has to wonder if Strickland, an outstanding football prospect, will someday be tempted to play for Tom Osborne at Nebraska. . ."

Not sure what the jersey looks like...but could it be a Randy Gregory jersey??

Not sure what the jersey looks like...but could it be a Randy Gregory jersey??

No on Randy Gregory. This is an authentic, game worn Amos Gregory basketball jersey.

Someone post a photo of this mysterious doctor. His eccentricities and proud wearing of an Amos Gregory shirt make me think that he may actually be Doctor Who.

He's at almost every single game on the leather courtside seats. As he's not an especially tall guy the jerseys are comically large as well.

I can see my ugly mug also.  First head to the right of Ray Gallegos.

first person on the left...courtside.  He's got his arms folded in front.  

Click here for the full size version to more easily identify him

140109_NU_Michigan_197b.jpg

I can see myself also, now I look a hugh blob but I know it is me. :)

I see the resemblance to your avatar :)