Next six games

jimmykc

I'll start this thread since I have nothing more pressing to do and not much is going on at HHC at present. Lets' just say it would immediately be mercilessly critiqued by the "elite"  patrons of a famous Red Sox site I lurk at called Son of Sam Horn and banned by the mods as worthless speculation without any cybermetrics. However, humor me here and reply if you wish.

With LeVert now out for the year at Michigan, I can see us rolling in to the home rematch with Wiscy on a six game winning streak. I can just as easily visualize us on a six game skid by then, given the vicissitudes of the team this year. It will probably be somewhere in between, but feel free to express your own gut feeling if you think we are ready for either extreme. One thing I can state with certainty is that tomorrows' game will be the start of either streak if it should happen. And, if anyone cares, old Jimmy got to pose one of Ian Browne's mailbag questions in the official MLB Red Sox mailbag last week with my newfound time to waste on the internet.

Other than a weird one against Texas Southern, Michigan St has been tough once again only losing to top tier teams.  They throttled Iowa on the road 75-61 and will be favored to win here. Minnesota on the road looks to be the toughest matchup on paper and that doesn't seem all that daunting.  Going 6-0 is unlikely but is far from impossible.

Other than a weird one against Texas Southern, Michigan St has been tough once again only losing to top tier teams. They throttled Iowa on the road 75-61 and will be favored to win here. Minnesota on the road looks to be the toughest matchup on paper and that doesn't seem all that daunting. Going 6-0 is unlikely but is far from impossible.

Teamrankings.com gives us a 0.4% chance of winning the next six games. I'd say it's actually near impossible instead of far from impossible. And I would also say it's more likely that we lose the next 6 instead of win the next 6, although the probability of either is very, very unlikely.

I expect and hope/pray that we win against Minnesota.  I guess we play Michigan State at home following Minnesota, only because of the game time discussion here...I simply cannot get beyond the one game at a time mentality...I envy others who can see beyond the game at hand. 

puzzled-smiley-emoticon.png

I've said it a couple times, this stretch, including the two games after these six, is a season defining stretch. We'll know if this team is a tourney contender or not.

If NU can go 6-2 in that eight-game stretch, NU will still need to finish 3-2 down the home stretch in a very tough 5-game flurry. Plus NU may likely need 1-2 W's in Chicago!!

I'll start this thread since I have nothing more pressing to do and not much is going on at HHC at present. Lets' just say it would immediately be mercilessly critiqued by the "elite"  patrons of a famous Red Sox site I lurk at called Son of Sam Horn and banned by the mods as worthless speculation without any cybermetrics. However, humor me here and reply if you wish.

With LeVert now out for the year at Michigan, I can see us rolling in to the home rematch with Wiscy on a six game winning streak. I can just as easily visualize us on a six game skid by then, given the vicissitudes of the team this year. It will probably be somewhere in between, but feel free to express your own gut feeling if you think we are ready for either extreme. One thing I can state with certainty is that tomorrows' game will be the start of either streak if it should happen. And, if anyone cares, old Jimmy got to pose one of Ian Browne's mailbag questions in the official MLB Red Sox mailbag last week with my newfound time to waste on the internet.

Gosh Darn it Jimmy, now I gotta go get my dictionary to understand some of them words you was a usen'

Other than a weird one against Texas Southern, Michigan St has been tough once again only losing to top tier teams. They throttled Iowa on the road 75-61 and will be favored to win here. Minnesota on the road looks to be the toughest matchup on paper and that doesn't seem all that daunting. Going 6-0 is unlikely but is far from impossible.

Teamrankings.com gives us a 0.4% chance of winning the next six games. I'd say it's actually near impossible instead of far from impossible. And I would also say it's more likely that we lose the next 6 instead of win the next 6, although the probability of either is very, very unlikely.

I know one thing, when it comes to percentages and numbers and stuff, I'm not messing with a guy who has "Actuary" in his screen name.

The actuary sounds like an actuary, cwg sounds like someone who is not presently geeked, Norm sounds like a nitpicking lawyer, 49er sounds like he should join SOSH, and Silverback sounds like, well...silverback. Nevertheless, everyone must agree that any streak must begin with the outcome of tomorrow's contest. Let us just hope that the Gophers continue to pull their heads back into their holes when they are on the road.

The actuary sounds like an actuary, cwg sounds like someone who is not presently geeked, Norm sounds like a nitpicking lawyer, 49er sounds like he should join SOSH, and Silverback sounds like, well...silverback. Nevertheless, everyone must agree that any streak must begin with the outcome of tomorrow's contest. Let us just hope that the Gophers continue to pull their heads back into their holes when they are on the road.

Haha!!!  Mamma always told me I'd make a good lawyer because I loved to argue (with her, apparently.)  Although I rather suspect there's more to the job than just arguing.  Picking of nits sounds more like the role of a government bean counter, though.

And I think the holes into which Minnesota's Gophers' heads are generally ensconced, in order to return to that posture, would require more pushing than pulling.

By telling us this, isn't it kinda like bragging, and at the same time, complaining to your wife about the hot, yet bitchy mistress you have on the side?  :)

49er: I thought everyone knew that cybermetrics were invented by cyborgs who are greatly superior to us humans, while sabermetrics were conceived by Bret Saberhagen while he was one of those burnt out aces, like Cone and Smoltz  spending the downside of their careers on the Red Sox staff with nothing better to do.

Oakland has lost in postseason primarily due to an offense designed for regular season baseball.  Mediocre platoon guys all over the lineup that can handle mediocre pitching well.  In some ways their rotation designed for regular season baseball as well but the offense the much bigger issue. 

As for the Huskers, I just hope we win tonight to keep the NCAA dream alive to fight another day.