Listen to Ann, not Jean...

Huskerpapa

I will comment on the traffic.  It is bad, especially given the knowledge that there are 12 to 15 thousand fans, and likely 5 to 8 thousand vehicles leaving one place at the same time.  I put that directly onto the table of the city counsel and Lincoln Police Department.  I have seen LPD simply standing on the corners rather than actively directing traffic.  Folks, the Haymarket is a tight neighborhood.  There is a ton of foot traffic...tie vehicle and foot traffic together and it is a recipe for disaster.  It is only a matter of time before something really bad happens...and I anticipate our city fathers will not react until that happens.

Traffic need not be as bad as it is.  There are solutions.  I am not an engineer, but even if you paid me, I can figure out a better solution than what is taking place.

For those leaving the Vault there are some things you may want to take into consideration:

- Everyone is in a hurry, be patient.

- Stop by one of the local establishments...enjoy the ambiance, have a piece of pizza or a few wings, maybe a pop or beer and then find your car.

- Be a courteous driver.  Vehicles should rotate leaving parking lots.  If you are a driver, you know what I mean.

- Make sure if you are in a turning lane, please turn the right direction...it only takes one mistake...

Any other do's or dont's?

I will comment on the traffic.  It is bad, especially given the knowledge that there are 12 to 15 thousand fans, and likely 5 to 8 thousand vehicles leaving one place at the same time.  I put that directly onto the table of the city counsel and Lincoln Police Department.  I have seen LPD simply standing on the corners rather than actively directing traffic.  Folks, the Haymarket is a tight neighborhood.  There is a ton of foot traffic...tie vehicle and foot traffic together and it is a recipe for disaster.  It is only a matter of time before something really bad happens...and I anticipate our city fathers will not react until that happens.

Traffic need not be as bad as it is.  There are solutions.  I am not an engineer, but even if you paid me, I can figure out a better solution than what is taking place.

For those leaving the Vault there are some things you may want to take into consideration:

- Everyone is in a hurry, be patient.

- Stop by one of the local establishments...enjoy the ambiance, have a piece of pizza or a few wings, maybe a pop or beer and then find your car.

- Be a courteous driver.  Vehicles should rotate leaving parking lots.  If you are a driver, you know what I mean.

- Make sure if you are in a turning lane, please turn the right direction...it only takes one mistake...

Any other do's or dont's?

So if you live in Lincoln there is no need to hurry home. Or if you are in hurry park some where that is an easy out. Like Norm does.

The farther away you park the easier it is to get out.  Of course you have to actually use your footmobiles a bit more to get there but  that is also good for you.  Win, win.   ;)

My son and I were at the Cincy game and stayed to the bitter end.  Walked a couple + blocks to the car and got right out of there and back to Omaha within the hour.  

Yeah, as a long time season ticket holder living in Omaha....I really don't feel too much sympathy for someone that's gonna sit in traffic for 15-20 minutes and then make it home...just tune into the end of the game/postgame show with Coach Miles.  The guys to the left of me live well west of Kearney, and are there for most games, and stay until the end.  I'm not throwing stones at people who leave early, that's their choice....but I prefer to stay until the end.  And this season, we haven't had exactly a ton of games that have been "decided" that much earlier than the final buzzer anyway...

When I attended all the games for years at BDSC I seldom left early. My reasoning as a frugal Scotsman was that I was not getting the full value of my ticket if I did not see the whole game. I wonder if many of the folks who attend the expensive concerts at Pinnacle leave early to beat the crowd? For that matter when I go to movies I seldom see folks stalk out before the final credits roll, even for stinkers. With that said, I think everyone has the right to leave whenever they wish as long as they do not block the view of those who are staying.

Forgive me if it's been reference before, my ADD doesn't allow me to read really long posts. I think they did rope it off so people leaving early couldn't walk behind the basket at the Cincy game. I could be wrong as I spent most of my time yelling and cheering my team on to victory and not paying too close attention to how the early exiters were getting out to their cars.