Ed Morrow on ESPN 2 tonight at 630 ET

lanigan123

It'd be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup, from what I saw.  I think he could almost seemlessly fit into the 4 spot currently occupied by David Rivers.  And, no slight to David, but he'd be an upgrade in a couple of areas:  He's a quicker leaper than David is and he has such strong, quick hands.  A couple of times, I saw him reach into the crowd with one hands and pull out the rebound.  It was like, "How'd he get that?"  And then, in the next motion, he was flipping the ball into the basket, which is the other area I think he'll be an upgrade.  He's not necessarily looking for his shot (unselfish like Rivers) but he's not afraid of getting his offense, either, which I think David is a little hesitant most of the time.

And to think that Glynn Watson is rated about 40 spots higher on Rivals.  Wow.

I have never coached at the level of Simeon, but I thought that Ed would post up yet it was rare that the ball would go to him as part of the offensive set.  They simply did not spread the floor very well and to compound things, they had a horrible outside shooting night.  As a result St. Rita could simply pack the middle.  The Mathews kid was pretty darn good wasn't he...he will be a big time player at the next level.

By the way...now that we have opened the door at Simeon, how about going after their freshman guard?   His name is Kezo Brown and I know that Illinois is after him...KU is after him as well...and oh yeah, we are shown as being after him as well :)

I don't really care whether the school is a factory or not. That doesn't mean he walks in and is in the starting 5. If TP stays, I don't see him starting, for sure. If he goes, which I don't really expect, it depends on how coach wants to do it. If Agau comes and can play immediately, he'll have a real shot at that spot too. There are way too many variables still to be determined to assume Ed will be the guy. He might be, but there are a lot of possibilities for next year.