Cincinnati (6-1) vs. Nebraska (5-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I go to my son's game and dvr the Huskers. Get home and my recording ends with 10 seconds left in the first OT. I look online and don't understand why there is no final score posted anywhere. Then it hits me, the game's not over. I turn it on just in time to see Benny drop the rainbow near the end of the second OT. I have to admit my first thought was, "Crap, I'm not sure I can stand to watch anymore of whatever this two group of guys in shorts are calling whatever they are doing."

It's great that we won and hopefully we can start to make strides but I have come to this conclusion: 

I am a fan of the game of basketball played well and a Nebraskaball fan. It's a shame that I can't watch both at the same time. 

Just got home. I need liquor now....

My voice hurts.

You were a little quiet on btn.  You guys embarrassed me.  Please tell your cohorts to step it up.

Thanks.

:(

I apologize...from a UC forum

"not trying to pick on mick, but he just said that arena was the second toughest place to play in the country behind ville.eek.gif

he just said that about a football school lol"

I go to my son's game and dvr the Huskers. Get home and my recording ends with 10 seconds left in the first OT. I look online and don't understand why there is no final score posted anywhere. Then it hits me, the game's not over. I turn it on just in time to see Benny drop the rainbow near the end of the second OT. I have to admit my first thought was, "Crap, I'm not sure I can stand to watch anymore of whatever this two group of guys in shorts are calling whatever they are doing."

It's great that we won and hopefully we can start to make strides but I have come to this conclusion: 

I am a fan of the game of basketball played well and a Nebraskaball fan. It's a shame that I can't watch both at the same time. 

You don't have the BTN app?

You don't have the BTN app?

I do but I don't like watching it while out. I prefer to sit down when I can give the game my full concentration. Now that my eye's are burning from watching that I wish I would have been distracted.

If your dvr stopped recording because of the time limit scheduled for the game, you may be able to just press record again to get the tail end of the game (dvr may have stopped recording, but the tuner should not have changed channels & may still be recording in the background).

Nice F-ing comments, guys. That was the ugliest game ever, but who cares? And by the way, everyone must now realize that Conlees bartender has one of those levers he can pull like the one at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Nice fake cursing. I have a problem with it being an ugly game because it's not a once off. That's the way we have played most of the time this year. A win doesn't mean you don't have problems and a lose doesn't mean everything is wrong. Going in doesn't "fix" a bad shot and turn it into a good shot. Winning a game doesn't "fix" all your problems either. I posted this somewhere recently (I think. Any way I was planning to):

A few points, a couple of plays, a low percentage shot someplace instead of one more pass and a higher percentage shot. Such a tiny thread in 32 or 40 minutes of basketball separates championship teams from those that struggle to win even half of their games. If you have you ever wondered how some some people win consistently while others lose consistently (often only by a few points), look no further.  - Dick DeVenzio

As someone in a bad movie once said, "It's a game of inches." There are tiny differences between winning consistently or not. Win or not, last nights game pointed out glaringly that we need to fix those little things that will get us back on the good side of that line and we are not there yet. I'm glad we won and it also doesn't mean we can't get there again this season. I'm rooting for them. I also admit I'm sort of a basketball snob. There is a certain way I would like the game to look and I think Coach Miles does too, we just aren't there yet this season.