Incarnate Word Scouting Thread

hhcmatt

This will be a bit like the UNO game as these guys are small and run all game. They'll make some runs.

Their defense will be gambling/pressuring to fuel fast break points.

They'll crash the boards on the offensive end if you let them.

They'll take the ball right at you all game to get to the FT line.

They've put up a lot of stats against inferior opponents but their nearly 90% FT shooting so far translates across all of Div 1.

On the flip side they're sloppy and will turn the ball right over.

They should put us on the line quite a bit trying to turn us over.

Their shooting ability is TBD.

UTEP leading 40-29 at half time

UTEP wins 81-65 including IW scoring 4 points in the last 11 seconds (these guys won't quit)

A so-so shooting UTEP squad shot 64% from the field and turned the ball over 22 times.

Jontrell Walker put up 30 points for IW and Denzel Livingston put up 17. Only 5 players for Incarnate scored.

This game will feel like fools gold because we should score a lot of points. Runzas for everyone on Wednesday.

I really want to see how we come out.  Miles basically said the reason we got down 23-7 to UNO was because of the Rhode Island game.  Well, we can't keep letting previous losses dictate us coming out of the gate really slow and playing bad.  We need some leadership and confidence to form, really fast.  

Does KenPom really have Incarnate Word as having the 12th most difficult SOS thus far this year? How is that possible? UTEP is by far the best team they have played... and they are 78th. I have to be looking at it wrong.

It's because the Div II games don't count

Does KenPom really have Incarnate Word as having the 12th most difficult SOS thus far this year? How is that possible? UTEP is by far the best team they have played... and they are 78th. I have to be looking at it wrong.

Gotcha. KenPom shouldn't have their record as 5-1 then. All of the numbers for each school should represent D-1 only.

Gotcha. KenPom shouldn't have their record as 5-1 then. All of the numbers for each school should represent D-1 only.

All Div-I schools are allowed to play up to 4 non Div-I schools and it counts for their record. 

If anything he should assign a low rating to that type of school.

Wowsers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/12/10/incarnate-word-makes-name-for-self-with-d-i-move/20183141/

----------------------------

The Cardinals are ineligible for the NCAA tournament and NIT until 2018. They could play in either the College Basketball Invitational or CollegeInsider.com tournament before then.

"Nebraska is kind of an NCAA tournament game for us because this is big time," Burmeister said.

------------------

Burmeister's team, the flagship of the 21-sport athletic program, must be frugal. There are no charter flights. The Cardinals flew commercial to Nebraska, specifically booking tickets on Southwest Airlines because there are no baggage fees.