Pitchford

HuskerBB

Totally a moot point, but I wonder how Nate Hawkins would've factored in this year?  

If he was completely focused on playing he'd be contributing minutes. 

Yes.  Hawk may have departed a little early.  But he had a lot of stuff going on.  but we could use him right now to play the 2-3 with Tai struggling mightily

Could someone explain to me what happened to Fuller?  With our outside shooting being as awful as it is, why doesn't he get a chance.  When he was being recruited, it seemed like everyone was so excited to finally have someone who could shoot and yet it is hard to do that from the bench.

Have you seen Fuller play defense?  It's not good.  He's better off on the bench for the time being.

Elaborate please.  He hasn't seen the floor since he checked in for one minute against UNO.  Have you seen him somewhere other than in games? 

I have the same sample size you do but based on what I've seen of him in the exhibition game and the limited minutes this year, he still looks slow and lost out there.  I do wish Miles would have gotten him some "mop up" minutes during the season and let this guy get a little more game experience but don't think he's ready for major minutes yet.  We sure could use a deadly shooter and if Miles thought he was ready, he would have used him by now.

Could someone explain to me what happened to Fuller? With our outside shooting being as awful as it is, why doesn't he get a chance. When he was being recruited, it seemed like everyone was so excited to finally have someone who could shoot and yet it is hard to do that from the bench.

Have you seen Fuller play defense? It's not good. He's better off on the bench for the time being.

Elaborate please. He hasn't seen the floor since he checked in for one minute against UNO. Have you seen him somewhere other than in games?

I have the same sample size you do but based on what I've seen of him in the exhibition game and the limited minutes this year, he still looks slow and lost out there. I do wish Miles would have gotten him some "mop up" minutes during the season and let this guy get a little more game experience but don't think he's ready for major minutes yet. We sure could use a deadly shooter and if Miles thought he was ready, he would have used him by now.

Your last line there, if coach thought he was ready/would've used him by now...don't know if this is entirely true. Again, the turf toe injury. It's really slowing him and his knocks against him have been his speed and that he's somewhat of a tweener. We heard plenty heading into the year about Fuller's improvement. I heard enough anyway to speculate that Fuller was ready to contribute in some way this year. It's possible that Miles feels he's ready to get some minutes but just can't afford to in key spot minutes (due to injury) and it doesn't make sense to strain the injury just to give him some extended mop up time. It's unfortunate, the injury, but it's my speculation that if Fuller was full go that Miles would've worked him into some games, prepping him for key spot minutes down the road this season at minimum. Turf toe sucks real bad, especially with the amount of cutting and stopping required for basketball. I think this debate has more to do with the injury than Fuller being "ready" to play.

Could someone explain to me what happened to Fuller? With our outside shooting being as awful as it is, why doesn't he get a chance. When he was being recruited, it seemed like everyone was so excited to finally have someone who could shoot and yet it is hard to do that from the bench.

Have you seen Fuller play defense? It's not good. He's better off on the bench for the time being.

Elaborate please. He hasn't seen the floor since he checked in for one minute against UNO. Have you seen him somewhere other than in games?

I have the same sample size you do but based on what I've seen of him in the exhibition game and the limited minutes this year, he still looks slow and lost out there. I do wish Miles would have gotten him some "mop up" minutes during the season and let this guy get a little more game experience but don't think he's ready for major minutes yet. We sure could use a deadly shooter and if Miles thought he was ready, he would have used him by now.

Your last line there, if coach thought he was ready/would've used him by now...don't know if this is entirely true. Again, the turf toe injury. It's really slowing him and his knocks against him have been his speed and that he's somewhat of a tweener. We heard plenty heading into the year about Fuller's improvement. I heard enough anyway to speculate that Fuller was ready to contribute in some way this year. It's possible that Miles feels he's ready to get some minutes but just can't afford to in key spot minutes (due to injury) and it doesn't make sense to strain the injury just to give him some extended mop up time. It's unfortunate, the injury, but it's my speculation that if Fuller was full go that Miles would've worked him into some games, prepping him for key spot minutes down the road this season at minimum. Turf toe sucks real bad, especially with the amount of cutting and stopping required for basketball. I think this debate has more to do with the injury than Fuller being "ready" to play.

Good points as turf toe is a nagging and painful injury.  We would really use a deadly spot up shooter like him so hope your assessment is correct.  Would love to see him be the guy that we can kick it out to and consistently knock down a three.  We just don't have a guy like that right now.  Hope his toe heals up soon.

• 2 weeks later...