Twice In The Same Season At CenturyLink

golfer3

All for UN-L playing our little sister, Creighton, and our little brother,UN -O  during the same season.  However, it could be a bear trap if we play them both at the CenturyLink.

Next season UN-O plays in thier new 9k arena.  But Im not aware of anything that would keep them from playing UN-L at the CenturyLink.

Oklahoma said the CenturyLink crowd forced them out of thier rythym.  Other teams say the CenturyLink is a professional atmosphere arena.

We are doing UN-O a favor by scheduling them, no need to give them an undue advantage by playing at the CenturyLink.

All for UN-L playing our little sister, Creighton, and our little brother,UN -O  during the same season.  However, it could be a bear trap if we play them both at the CenturyLink.

Next season UN-O plays in thier new 9k arena.  But Im not aware of anything that would keep them from playing UN-L at the CenturyLink.

Oklahoma said the CenturyLink crowd forced them out of thier rythym.  Other teams say the CenturyLink is a professional atmosphere arena.

We are doing UN-O a favor by scheduling them, no need to give them an undue advantage by playing at the CenturyLink.

What?

Other teams say the CenturyLink is a professional atmosphere arena.

I'm not sure if you've been to a NBA game or not, but I would have to argue that Top 50 NCAA teams have a better atmosphere than nearly all NBA teams. Unless you're saying that it's a wide-open arena compared to a college "gymnasium," then that may be true.

It may not be home and home.  Hopefully that is the case.  Would hate to see a game at CenturyLink and UN-O has a ticket give away and 18K plus fans show up.  Of course nothing says the majority  would be UN-O fans.

If Nebraska ever played UNO at Centurylink, there would be about 2,500 UNO fans there and 15,000 Nebraska fans.  It would be a de-facto home game for the Huskers.  Your worries are unfounded.

It would be great if UNO & NU played in Omaha. Win-win for Omaha Husker/Mav fans.

There has been talk about a holiday tournament rotating between Lincoln and Omaha with UN-L,UN-O, Creighton and another team.  Some have tossed cold water on it because of the possibilty of UN-L and Creighton playing twice in the same season.

NU-UNO is for this year only, not a home & home.

Having said that Coach Miles has a lot of respect for Coach Hansen & knows where Hansen & UNO are at as a program & the challenges at that level -- Miles has been there, done that kind of thing. So if Hansen asks Miles to bring NU to Omaha next season and be the opening game for UNO's new arena, Miles might do it. 

NU-UNO is for this year only, not a home & home.

Having said that Coach Miles has a lot of respect for Coach Hansen & knows where Hansen & UNO are at as a program & the challenges at that level -- Miles has been there, done that kind of thing. So if Hansen asks Miles to bring NU to Omaha next season and be the opening game for UNO's new arena, Miles might do it. 

I wouldn't hate that. I really wouldn't. I'd hope that NU would get 4 games, minimum back in Lincoln for that, though.

Gratuitously volunteered plaudits for the CenturyLink Center (ooh, such a tough place to play) = back-handed slap at PBA.

Not surprising from the guy whose posting history reveals ...

Following the 2012 Creighton loss ...

"We paid the price tonight.  Years of having one of the league's the worst practice facilities, lowest basketball budgets, worst arenas to play in and a state that puts out next to zero, or zero, major D-1 impact basketball players.since Erik Strickland.

It could have been worse tonight. At least Creighton didn't score 80 pts."

In an April 2013 thread about taking Jucos and foreign kids ...

"I wonder if Miles regrets not following up on Doc's two big men?  Both played this season against Creighton.  The one whose last name started with an "F" could have played this year.  He was serviceable.  The other was a juco with little high school experience but showed promise with a redshirt year and three years to play, I believe.  He had upside and may have been worth the risk.

With the new arena one year away and a state-of-the-art practice facility I am unmoved by Miles recruiting."

After Sai Tumalla chose ASU over us ...

"It would have been nice to have a big body on the roster.  But chances are he would have been a project as would almost any juco big man would be, especially this late in the season.

Now its M Herbert.

If we fan on him, there is always Beatrice High School."

In May '14, after Jordan Cornish and Deng Deng both committed to other schools and I started a thread about not panicking and coming in off the window ledge ...

"Kreklow walked on (at Creighton) and turned down a schollie (from Nebraska).  When can NU have that type of good fortune?  Im going back on the window."

golfer3 is pure stealth troll and don't anyone make any mistake about that.

To be fair, that new arena is being built for hockey, not basketball, at least at this point. The Mav basketball program is quite a ways away from filling a 8000-9000 seat arena regularly ... even filling 1/2 of it regularly.

The first hockey game in there will sell out, no question. But if UNO would like a sellout for the first men's b-ball game at the new arena, having NU as the opponent would do it.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Hansen asks, and it wouldn't surprise me if Miles says yes.

golfer3 is pure stealth troll and don't anyone make any mistake about that.

Yeah, the "UN-L" stuff gave it away for me.  ;)  Kinda funny to hear NU being cracked on for playing/scheduling UNO, regardless of where it is, when the blue birds are afraid to schedule them now that the Mavs are D-1.  :P

To be fair, that new arena is being built for hockey, not basketball, at least at this point. The Mav basketball program is quite a ways away from filling a 8000-9000 seat arena regularly ... even filling 1/2 of it regularly.

The first hockey game in there will sell out, no question. But if UNO would like a sellout for the first men's b-ball game at the new arena, having NU as the opponent would do it.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Hansen asks, and it wouldn't surprise me if Miles says yes.

In a few years, it might be on the table after the Omaha Mavericks have played in Lincoln a few times before the Mav home game. I don't know if anyone else here would really be in favor of it, but I'd love it (as long as I could get tix)! :)

In a few years, it might be on the table after the Omaha Mavericks have played in Lincoln a few times before the Mav home game. I don't know if anyone else here would really be in favor of it, but I'd love it (as long as I could get tix)! :)

As a UNO alum, I would expect to have dibs on getting tickets to that game and hope to see the Huskers thwart the Omaha team in it's opener.  Gosh, does that mean I'm a Mav-sker??

As a UNO alum, I would expect to have dibs on getting tickets to that game and hope to see the Huskers thwart the Omaha team in it's opener.  Gosh, does that mean I'm a Mav-sker??

Well, if you truly want dibs, you'll need to get season tix now before everyone else scoops 'em up in their new arena (!!) ;)