Finally get to see a game live at PBA

emwilliams

For the first time in over 10 years, I finally get the opportunity to see Nebraska bball live. I will be traveling to Lincoln, for work, and get to catch the Incarnate Word game (prefer it be the Creighton game but I will take what I can get). This will be my first opportunity to see the arena, in person, as well as the newly revamped Haymarket.

Can't wait!

For the first time in over 10 years, I finally get the opportunity to see Nebraska bball live. I will be traveling to Lincoln, for work, and get to catch the Incarnate Word game (prefer it be the Creighton game but I will take what I can get). This will be my first opportunity to see the arena, in person, as well as the newly revamped Haymarket.

Can't wait!

You're in for a real TREAT; in Both regards, emw. I was lucky enough to get a trip back to Lincoln last Febr; just had to go to the PBA to see what all the Hub-Bub was about (lucky enough to get seats, mid-court, Sec 219 for the Penn State Game).

What a Time! What a Venue! Wish I lived close enough to go to all the games.

You'll like the Haymarket! Post-game dinner at Lazlo's and just walking around (weather was cold, but still and quiet, with no wind). Love the lighted outdoor Bas-Relief on the North side of the old Amtrak terminal.

Enjoy! :)

For the first time in over 10 years, I finally get the opportunity to see Nebraska bball live. I will be traveling to Lincoln, for work, and get to catch the Incarnate Word game (prefer it be the Creighton game but I will take what I can get). This will be my first opportunity to see the arena, in person, as well as the newly revamped Haymarket.

Can't wait!

If you haven't seen the Haymarket in 10 years (and were reasonably familiar with the area 10 years ago) prepare to be blown away.

Our main office is located within the Haymarket and our company has done a lot of work for the area. I have seen picture after picture of the amazing changes and can't wait to see it for myself. I am working any angle I can for tickets and expect to have them in hand within the next week or so.

Our main office is located within the Haymarket and our company has done a lot of work for the area. I have seen picture after picture of the amazing changes and can't wait to see it for myself. I am working any angle I can for tickets and expect to have them in hand within the next week or so.

Pictures < walking through it.  You'll still be amazed at the transformation.  Past where the Haymarket once ended and the railroad tracks began you now have a hotel and a sushi bar, an outdoor entertainment venue with restaurants and bars and a giant screen TV, and one of the premier college basketball venues in the nation. 

All of it beyond where any development had previously ended, in a place that used to just be railroad tracks or scrap heap or dump of one manner or other.  It's like a whole little downtown popped up out of nothing.  The speed of the transformation was especially shocking.  Arena goes in; hotels go up. 

My wife said during his preformance that all that was missing were the old ladies who tried to dance. I reminded her those were the Shim- Shams and to never talk about them again. ;)

The shim shams came up in my conversation with my wife at the women's game as well Silver. And it was the same response as well.

My wife said during his preformance that all that was missing were the old ladies who tried to dance. I reminded her those were the Shim- Shams and to never talk about them again. ;)

The shim shams came up in my conversation with my wife at the women's game as well Silver. And it was the same response as well.

That is no longer a joke.  I have a friend who takes his daughter to a dance school.  At the school there was a flippin petition for bringing the shim shams back to the arena...wtf...really, really?  They are soo desparate for recognition that they started a petition.  Wowser.  I am sorry, I am certain that the group is filled with talented and very nice ladies.  But they are NOT basketball entertainment.  So I hereby ask the athletic department.  Say NO to the Shim Shams.  Thank you. 

Don't think you'll have a problem getting tickets for that one, but if you don't care where you sit, you can have my two tickets for that game for free, as I won't be able to make it.  Section 305.