Just a word to the wise ...

Norm Peterson

So, who's the short guy on the right?  :P

some old has been, couldnt get him to leave the picture.

Did that old has-been enjoy seeing a 23 year old kid throw 60 pitches of at least 95 MPH last night?

pretty incredible.  That has been only did that enough times you could count it on one hand.  Played with a few that were in that range on a regular basis but none could find the strike zone and not even close to being as fluid as Ventura currently is with his delivery.

So, who's the short guy on the right?  :P

some old has been, couldnt get him to leave the picture.

Did that old has-been enjoy seeing a 23 year old kid throw 60 pitches of at least 95 MPH last night?

pretty incredible.  That has been only did that enough times you could count it on one hand.  Played with a few that were in that range on a regular basis but none could find the strike zone and not even close to being as fluid as Ventura currently is with his delivery.

This might be ignorant of me, but what about Randy Johnson?

• 2 weeks later...

The timing of the OP was....well timed and wise.   Terran seems to be in a little funk (maybe, maybe not)....didn't play well in that practice video that was posted and then not well in the EXH Vs SWMN either.  Probably no big deal, but he was so awesome this summer.  Our bench is young and has missed significant time here and there with various ailments.  We can't be too worried about style points right now, just get the "W's" flowing.  Hopefully our bench can grow into it and some general struggles will keep the team hungry and attentive.  The season's a long haul.   No worries, coach will keep them on the up and up.

Just got around to reading this thread since I had taken Norm's first post to heart and skipped it. I liked the Walton/Kamdy photo since I always found Walton to be one of the most interesting guys to inhabit the basketball universe. Closest I ever got to him was standing at the will call ticket window at the old Boston Garden behind someone who picked up some tickets in his name. He would have been even more legendary if he hadn't had those porcelain feet. If anyone wants to read a great book written by a master writer which contains a unique character sketch of Walton, try an old work by David Halberstam called The Breaks of the Game. Kamdy might find it particularly compelling since it revolves around the old Portland Trailblazers.