2014-2015 KenPom Rankings Thread

HuskerActuary

I was wrong about Colorado before.  They finished last year in the 60's (how the hell they ever got an at large bid, I'll never know) which is pretty much where they start this year.

A #34 RPI, 5 wins against Top 50 RPI,  and 9-10 record vs RPI top 100 will get you in the tournament.  

I was wrong about Colorado before.  They finished last year in the 60's (how the hell they ever got an at large bid, I'll never know) which is pretty much where they start this year.

A #34 RPI, 5 wins against Top 50 RPI,  and 9-10 record vs RPI top 100 will get you in the tournament.  

Yeah, that's right, their RPI and KenPom rankings were waaaay off from each other last year weren't they?  Losing Dinwiddie crushed them in KenPom but RPI loved them because they hit a miracle 3 to beat Kansas at the buzzer.

Just goes to show how huge winning in the non-con can be.

Unless you get caught with a sheep or somethin.

1620 - Game Time with Nick Bahe:  10/29/14 Seg 8: Ken Palm ratings

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/kozn/media/mp3/10_29_14_Seg_8__Ken_Palm_ratings-1414605505.mp3

(3:59)

Nick talks about Ken Palmeroy's rankings of college basketball and more

(ed. The horrific misspelling of Pomeroy's name - twice - are the fault of the person in charge of the podcast feed, not me)

1620 - Game Time with Nick Bahe:  10/29/14 Seg 8: Ken Palm ratings

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/kozn/media/mp3/10_29_14_Seg_8__Ken_Palm_ratings-1414605505.mp3

(3:59)

Nick talks about Ken Palmeroy's rankings of college basketball and more

(ed. The horrific misspelling of Pomeroy's name - twice - are the fault of the person in charge of the podcast feed, not me)

Ken Pomeroy... Jerry Palm... that's the same person, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Real logjam in the B1G, 12 top 50 teams as of now with Nebraska sitting firmly in the middle of the pack.  We fell one spot to #35, not bad considering NKU is a plus-300 team. 

Other notables after the first weekend of play, Creighton drops 6 spots despite going 2-0 and George Washington moves up 20 spots after throttling Grambling by 52 and beating Rutgers on the road 70-53.

KenPom rankings as of 11-17-14.

===========================

B1G (0-0):
6. Wisconsin
14. Ohio State
16. Michigan
17. Michigan State
25. Indiana
27. Iowa
28. Maryland
35. Nebraska
37. Minnesota
38. Purdue
39. Illinois
48. Penn State
91. Northwestern
129. Rutgers

Non-Conference (1-0):
315. Northern Kentucky
342. Central Arkansas
108. @Rhode Island
237. Omaha
331. Tennessee-Martin

---B1G/ACC Challenge---
41. @Florida State

53. Creighton
288. Incarnate Word
44. Cincinnati

---Diamond Head Classic---
152. Hawaii
9. Wichita State, 199. LMU
42. GWU, 58. Colorado, 138. Ohio, 201. DePaul

Good news everyone!

Last night's game didn't hurt us in the Pomeroy rankings!  Hooray!!!   :D

Thank gawd.

ok....this is going to show my lack of knowledge in the rankings (and maybe other teams)...but if it hurt us...wouldn't a lot of other ranked teams been hurt as well?  Looking at the scores...most everyone that played yesterday were playing teams of the same quality...and with the exception of North Carolina/Robert Morris...had score differences pretty close to ours. Or are Buffalo and CS Northridge a lot better teams than NKU? 

lol..or are you both just being sarcastic?  It's hard to read...someday someone somewhere needs to come up with a "sarcasm font". 

Good news everyone!

Last night's game didn't hurt us in the Pomeroy rankings!  Hooray!!!   :D

Thank gawd.

ok....this is going to show my lack of knowledge in the rankings (and maybe other teams)...but if it hurt us...wouldn't a lot of other ranked teams been hurt as well?  Looking at the scores...most everyone that played yesterday were playing teams of the same quality...and with the exception of North Carolina/Robert Morris...had score differences pretty close to ours. Or are Buffalo and CS Northridge a lot better teams than NKU? 

lol..or are you both just being sarcastic?  It's hard to read...someday someone somewhere needs to come up with a "sarcasm font". 

That post was written after the exhibition game.

Ken Pomeroy doesn't update his rankings until after the regular season starts.

Thus, it was total sarcasm.

Incarnate Word is D1?  I've never seen their name on a sports ticker in my life.  And they are higher in the KenPom rankings than Central Arkansas.

Their first year in Div 1 was last year. They're in the same conference as Cent. Arkansas and higher rated in KenPom

Incarnate Word is D1?  I've never seen their name on a sports ticker in my life.  And they are higher in the KenPom rankings than Central Arkansas.

Their first year in Div 1 was last year. They're in the same conference as Cent. Arkansas and higher rated in KenPom

Y'know, when an "r" and an "n" are right next to each other in Ariel font, it can look like an "m."  Conversely, an "m" can sometimes look like an "r" next to an "n."  So it was when I looked at the last word of your post, there.  And I thought, "Hmmm, that would be an interesting new site."

Y'know, when an "r" and an "n" are right next to each other in Ariel font, it can look like an "m."  Conversely, an "m" can sometimes look like an "r" next to an "n."  So it was when I looked at the last word of your post, there.  And I thought, "Hmmm, that would be an interesting new site."

What would Barbie say?

What would Barbie say?

"Ken?  KEN!!!"  :o

What would Barbie say?

Oooh!  Is that the large pizza with extra sausage that I ordered?