Isaiah Roby is N

hskr4life

Saw some video -- will try to find the link -- and the kid looks very athletic.  You can just see it in the way some kids move.  At 6'8" and entering his junior year, you might expect some kids to look a little clumsy or awkward.  Not this kid.  Very smooth stride.  Very smooth.  And appears to have some very solid ups.  

On record right now:  I really like this kid.

Norm has found his Shavon!

Roby said his offer sheet so far includes Creighton, Georgia, Northern Iowa, Illinois State, Northern Illinois, Bradley, Drake and IUPUI. But other Big Ten schools — Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern and Iowa — have sniffed around.

What if one of those schools tries to change Roby’s mind?

“I’ve thought that through already,” Roby said. “I’m not a person who wants to decommit after giving my word. That’s not a classy thing to do. So I’m going to be a Husker.”

Roby said his offer sheet so far includes Creighton, Georgia, Northern Iowa, Illinois State, Northern Illinois, Bradley, Drake and IUPUI. But other Big Ten schools — Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern and Iowa — have sniffed around.

“I’ve thought that through already,” Roby said. “I’m not a person who wants to decommit after giving my word. That’s not a classy thing to do. So I’m going to be a Husker.”

There is also a leg hair quote in there :) :

“One thing Coach Miles said he liked about me was that I don’t have any leg hair or facial hair yet,” Roby said. “He said that shows I have a lot of room to grow yet.”

Immense really freaky upside here.  Cannot wait to watch the havoc he will cause on the defensive end.  Could be a little AK47 like in that way(when he used to be healthy), blocking shots, stealing balls etc.   Tough to account for that kind of length.

So, Kyle Anderson lite mixed with AK47? Dear God, let this happen!

“One thing Coach Miles said he liked about me was that I don’t have any leg hair or facial hair yet,” Roby said. “He said that shows I have a lot of room to grow yet.”

It also says that he said that we said that he was our top 2016 target after watching him live for the first time this summer.

Or maybe that was in the LJS story.  Either way, it's like third hand info.

When I read that quote in the newspaper this morning, it made me laugh - classic Miles.

All this great news on the recruiting front is tough to get used to ... but I think I can do it.  ;)

I don't follow a ton of recruiting by any means but can believe a kid that smooth with that size, wingspan and frame did not have some more early offers or stars.  (Granted the videos are all highlights and no low lights)  I guess we'll see.

He did have early offers. The big coup here is that we nabbed him before the stars and other offers came.

He's a 2016 kid.  I don't think it's unusual at all for a kid like that, only having completed his sophomore year of HS and his junior season not even started yet, to still be an unknown.  I think there are a lot of kids whose stars rise the summer after their 10th grade year.  

He had major offers from us and Georgia and a Creighton offer as well as some Mo Valley schools.  But you better believe that Iowa was getting ready to offer.  And I'm sure others would have as well.  They were just trying to get visits scheduled, which is pretty common to offer during a visit.

Heck, some kids don't blow up until their senior years.  This kid hasn't even played a game as a junior yet.

• 1 year later...

Any idea what level of competition he is facing in Illinois?  I think skill wise he can help us out right away next year but his body may not be ready.  It will be interesting to see what position he starts out at.....to go along with ability to rebound and put the ball in the hoop I believe I remember Miles saying Roby may be the best passer he has ever recruited.