Another reason Rhode Island may have been scheduled

TheKamdyMan

So I was talking with a buddy of mine last night that is hardcore hoops and attends about 100 games a year between HS, college, and pros. He was saying he was considering to go watch the NU URI game but said he wasn't sure if he'd go there or to the National Prep Showcase. He said there probably 75 kids that are D1 players in it this year and it's only an hour away. It got me thinking the coaches wanted to possibly get a game in out there but also spend that friday and Sunday recruiting the tournament. Just a guess but definitely a great 2 birds one stone deal.

Isn't URI coached by Dan Hurley?  I'm surprised he didn't recruit Tarin Smith really hard.  Or maybe he did.  

I think we kept hearing the innuendo that TS did not especially like his coach...

Respected him a lot but no bonding love.

Why, I do not know.

Perhaps Kamdy or somebody else in the know could enlighten us.

Isn't URI coached by Dan Hurley? I'm surprised he didn't recruit Tarin Smith really hard. Or maybe he did.

I think we kept hearing the innuendo that TS did not especially like his coach...

Respected him a lot but no bonding love.

Why, I do not know.

Perhaps Kamdy or somebody else in the know could enlighten us.

Hit the nail on the head

You hear a lot about Bob Hurley as a great coach, but he does not seem to place kids in any one particular school. It would be more in his players best interests to be open to multiple schools instead of a select few. That way more of his second and third tier players will get scholarships.

Also, getting back to OP, Miles really seems to know what he is doing scheduling non-conference games. Whether it is a particular matchup, location, or recruiting opportunity, Miles seems ahead of the game.

So I was talking with a buddy.............He said there probably 75 kids that are D1 players in it this year and it's only an hour away. It got me thinking the coaches wanted to possibly get a game in out there but also spend that friday and Sunday recruiting the tournament. Just a guess but definitely a great 2 birds one stone deal.

Also, getting back to OP, Miles really seems to know what he is doing scheduling non-conference games. Whether it is a particular matchup, location, or recruiting opportunity, Miles seems ahead of the game.

I think the OP and Donkey are right! Tim Miles does seem like an 'under the radar' type, at least as far as recruiting/staffing goes. He seems very quiet (but very effective) and goes out of his way not to feed the rumor/speculation mill, announcing changes/recruits only after it is a 'fait accompli.'