Who is the most popular sports professional who went to college in Nebraska

lanigan123

Someone on the Northwestern media staff probably came up with the idea to ask McBuckets and he agreed to it.  MacD could have turned them down but didn't due to a combination of promoting himself and/or dislike of the Huskers.

Looks like in the interest of promoting himself.

Here's video of how it played out according to Dougie McD. I guess it's plausible that NW wanted to tweak NE more than anything for the past 2 yrs' results. ;)

Someone on the Northwestern media staff probably came up with the idea to ask McBuckets and he agreed to it.  MacD could have turned them down but didn't due to a combination of promoting himself and/or dislike of the Huskers.

It's some bizarre basketball thing that happened at a football game...no doubt we should be discussing this.

In the grand scheme of things, that's like one burn to ten of Miles?

I wonder if we couldn't take this conversation over to the debluesional thread???

If anyone wants to start quoting message board users, please do.  

I have very few issues with discussing people who actually matter.

When have we ever done that?

It is a bit tiresome until you go read some of comments from the circle jerk at the underground.  Some real gems. 

That can be pretty entertaining at times.  And I get that.   Nebraska basketball is entertainment and that's what we do around here is discuss stuff related to Nebraska basketball because it entertains us.  No other reason.  Certainly not because what any of us has to say around here is important.

It is a bit tiresome until you go read some of comments from the circle jerk at the underground.  Some real gems.

That can be pretty entertaining at times.  And I get that.   Nebraska basketball is entertainment and that's what we do around here is discuss stuff related to Nebraska basketball because it entertains us.  No other reason.  Certainly not because what any of us has to say around here is important.

Speak for yourself Norm, speak for yourself.

I'll second that emotion. ;)

I'll second that emotion. ;)

Good point, gentlemen, I stand corrected:  I have said many important things around here.

I have very few issues with discussing people who actually matter.

When have we ever done that?

Just so no one is misinterpreting what I'm saying here, I'm talking about the difference between talking about Creighton and talking about some jerks on a message board. McBuckets is relevant. JaysForLife5244224882939 isn't. Typically the problem is that the mere mention of the Jayz devolves things.

Creighton fans / Jayskers have said that McDermott was trolling Nebraska fans. That doesn't really make any sense. Creighton fans have to be more bothered about McDermott wearing another team's gear and cheering for another team than Nebraska fans are. It doesn't bother me at all. I think it is awesome that he is cheating on Creighton with Northwestern. The same way that I thought it was awesome when Dana Altman cheated on Creighton with Arkansas when he went down and did their "WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE RAZORBACKS!" cheer at their press conference.

I mean consider this...

If Petteway were to leave Nebraska for the NBA after this season...And say he ends up with the Washington Wizards. If he were to be shown on the Big screen of a Georgetown vs Creighton bball game and he was wearing Georgetown gear and cheering for Georgetown...

That would obviously sting Nebraska basketball fans more than it should sting Creighton basketball fans, because Nebraska fans are the ones with an emotional tie with Petteway because they spent years cheering for him.

Seeing him in another team's gear and seeing him cheering for another team is like seeing your girlfriend out on a date with another guy.

But I guess if it was some weak-sauce attempt by McDermott to troll Nebraska fans...maybe he is just jealous that more Nebraska Football fans made the trip for a road game over 8 hrs away in Chicago...than Creighton ever got for a home game at the Century Link center to watch him play for a mid-major basketball team.

And yes, they are still a mid-major basketball team in a mid-major conference. Only having 1 team ranked in the top-25 is mid-major.

All this talk about divided loyalties--is it not an attack on me?  Maybe it is not, since I have justified loyalties on both sides of Nebraska and Northwestern.  (I never got on camera because I was not in my usual spot--my family came to the game as well and we were on the other side of the stadium.)

I didn't recognize McDermott when he appeared on the screen, but I agree in retrospect that it may have been a sneak-attack.  The WildSide (the student section) didn't seem to react much to the reveal of the celebrity like they have for some others (such as "Peanut" Tillman or Morty Schapiro).

Noah you have a very good reason to have loyalties to both programs! And it has nothing to do with somebody giving you a bunch of money to be that way.

Also are you about ready to get that second degree?

To be fair, silver, I'm sure Northwestern has given Noah plenty of money to study in Evanston...and I'm just guessing here, but I would imagine he had a decent scholarship package at Nebraska, too.

I could personally give a rats ass who he roots for in a football game.  I am not sure why anyone else would care either.  However, it does tell me a lot about him as a human being, when he tweets that picture of the douchebag Gibbs jumping on Petteway.  He knows damn well who started that, and it is pretty dumb to post it.  Almost as dumb as his dad tweeting that garbage right after it happened. 

Noah; I hope you are not putting Dougie on the same pedestal as Peanut Tillman and Morty Shapiro.

Jimmy,

I don't think Noah possible could be doing that when he notes he didn't recognize McDermott when he appeared on the screen.

Noah,

Nobody will ever confuse you with a jaysker and that is the important part.

Noah; I hope you are not putting Dougie on the same pedestal as Peanut Tillman and Morty Shapiro.

Jimmy,

I don't think Noah possible could be doing that when he notes he didn't recognize McDermott when he appeared on the screen.

Noah,

Nobody will ever confuse you with a jaysker and that is the important part.

/end