Big Ten Preview

Big Ten Coach says this about Petteway....yet CBS doesn't have Petteway as preseason All Big Ten. :rolleyes:   Other than that....positive stuff for NU. 

Coach's Take

The league's best player?

"I'm a big (Terran) Petteway fan. What are the other options? (Caris) LeVert, (Branden) Dawson and the Wisconsin kids. I know this: We played Petteway and he beat our ass. He guards, can get his shot off any time he wants. I know he's almost unguardable. He's extremely lethal in the ball screen situation. Almost the way Trey Burke was. Just really hard to guard. Do you stop him, give up the roll, or protect the rim and give up the jumper?"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24753333/-15-college-basketball-conference-preview-big-ten

I like how they have us 5th in the write up but of all the experts picks, only one had us at 5th.  The others had one at 2nd, one at 3rd, and three at 4th.  That doesnt make any sense to me.

Looking at it again...I think the writeup is just one mans opinion and it was written by Norlander who has us 5th in his predictions.  I wonder what coach he talked to...reading it I would guess Izzo. 

I like how they have us 5th in the write up but of all the experts picks, only one had us at 5th.  The others had one at 2nd, one at 3rd, and three at 4th.  That doesnt make any sense to me.

Looking at it again...I think the writeup is just one mans opinion and it was written by Norlander who has us 5th in his predictions.  I wonder what coach he talked to...reading it I would guess Izzo. 

That was my guess as well.

Could be Painter, too.

Could be Painter, too.

The other one that reminded me of was Richard Pitino when Petteway had 35 at PBA.

Big Ten Coach says this about Petteway....yet CBS doesn't have Petteway as preseason All Big Ten. :rolleyes:   Other than that....positive stuff for NU. 

Coach's Take

The league's best player?

"I'm a big (Terran) Petteway fan. What are the other options? (Caris) LeVert, (Branden) Dawson and the Wisconsin kids. I know this: We played Petteway and he beat our ass. He guards, can get his shot off any time he wants. I know he's almost unguardable. He's extremely lethal in the ball screen situation. Almost the way Trey Burke was. Just really hard to guard. Do you stop him, give up the roll, or protect the rim and give up the jumper?"

the word choice and voice of the quote make it sound like Izzo to me.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24753333/-15-college-basketball-conference-preview-big-ten

I believe Tai may make the biggest jump this year.  The video of him at the one hour practice was impressive.  His shot looks tremendously better.  He was playing hard a** defense and he LOOKS like a player.  His added muscle can only help.  I will surprised if he is not somewhere in the starting five.