Molinari LJS feature

jimmykc

Since everyone else seems to be asleep, I'll summarize and ask a question. Someone with linking skills can do so if they want to do it. Basically it says that coach M. was hired to tweak the defense in preparation for the Big 10 grind. He sounds like a great hire for this team as we have all said on this board before. It did mention a game at BDSC in 2004 when he was an assistant at Minnesota in which the score was still 0-0 at the first media time out which he thought was great. I have absolutely no memory of this contest, so it may have been one of the few I did not attend. It was during Collier's best year when he had Nate Johnson and Brian Conklin so if anyone can recall anything about this game my reward will be to change avatars. I have many Walters on the bench eager to make the varsity.

And thanks to you too, HB. How can anyone not like the makeup of this team with the above stories considered. Now how about that 2004 game. I think I was at the ballet that night or I would have recalled standing up that long.

Here's the write-up for that game. It was on ESPN2 apparently.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=24&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=90285

"Both teams struggled in the first half, as they combined to miss their first 15 shots from the floor before Dourisseau’s basket at the 14:35 mark gave NU a 2-0 lead. The Huskers were holding a 6-5 advantage when John Turek came off the bench to spark a 13-0 run to put Nebraska in control."

Here's Molinari.

Here's Rivers.

No thanks necessary.  :)

Somehow...I do not think David is going to let the following happen again this year...

After starting six of the season’s first seven games, Rivers played only nine minutes in the next nine games. Following about three weeks of pine time, Rivers still hadn’t asked Miles for an explanation. So in a team meeting, Miles wanted to know why.

“He said, ‘Because I know why you benched me,’ ” Miles said. “And I said, ‘Why is that?’ And he said, ‘Because I’m not rebounding.’ ”

Rivers winced at the memory.

Not only did i not remember the game, I even got the team wrong. It was a Barry team featuring Joe (MacD) McCray. No wonder I forgot. And I attributed it to the fall I took last week that broke my nose and my tooth. Any way, both I and Walter thank you for coming up with the box score. The Minnesota roster didn't contain a lot of household names either.

Not only did i not remember the game, I even got the team wrong. It was a Barry team featuring Joe (MacD) McCray. No wonder I forgot. And I attributed it to the fall I took last week that broke my nose and my tooth. Any way, both I and Walter thank you for coming up with the box score. The Minnesota roster didn't contain a lot of household names either.

Sorry to hear of your fall, Jimmy.  Best wishes for a quick recovery.  HB

Thanks, HB. I'm getting my tooth fixed on Thursday. It least I won't have to get a Halloween costume this year. I'm planning on having a grille like the guy in Breaking Bad. And I wonder if anyone besides me remembers Walter Dukes? He was in the original wave of non vertically challenged centers (how's that for political correctness) to dominate pro basketball. Nat (Sweetwater) Clifton and Willy Naulls were the first two I remember running circles around guys like George Mikan. Then came Bill Russell and K.C. Jones.

Thanks, HB. I'm getting my tooth fixed on Thursday. It least I won't have to get a Halloween costume this year. I'm planning on having a grille like the guy in Breaking Bad. And I wonder if anyone besides me remembers Walter Dukes? He was in the original wave of non vertically challenged centers (how's that for political correctness) to dominate pro basketball. Nat (Sweetwater) Clifton and Willy Naulls were the first two I remember running circles around guys like George Mikan. Then came Bill Russell and K.C. Jones.

Tuco Salamanca?  Tight!

O5ODyLg.jpg

I remember that whole nightmarish week.  It was Collier's 5th year.  We seemed to have a nice blend of veterans, infused with a couple of promising newcomers in McCray and Maric.  Then we lay 2 consecutive eggs (Minnesota and Creighton) against respectable teams we ought to be able to handle at home. <_<

Did I mention that I'm thankful we have Tim Miles for our coach now? ;)

Since everyone else seems to be asleep, I'll summarize and ask a question. Someone with linking skills can do so if they want to do it. Basically it says that coach M. was hired to tweak the defense in preparation for the Big 10 grind. He sounds like a great hire for this team as we have all said on this board before. It did mention a game at BDSC in 2004 when he was an assistant at Minnesota in which the score was still 0-0 at the first media time out which he thought was great. I have absolutely no memory of this contest, so it may have been one of the few I did not attend. It was during Collier's best year when he had Nate Johnson and Brian Conklin so if anyone can recall anything about this game my reward will be to change avatars. I have many Walters on the bench eager to make the varsity.

I remember that ballgame. One of the few I was able to attend... Nebraska couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!! And, Minny's D clearly had something to do with that. Molinari is a very good coach, I saw him at UNO a couple years ago when the Leathernecks were the Summit League champs that season.

Heal up top Jimmy! :D