OK, let's go ahead and give it it's own thread: Best Recruiting Classes

Norm Peterson

This 2014 class could be pretty special and 2015 looks pretty special, too.  Based on number of ranked recruits, you'd almost have to give the nod to the '14 group, with a juco AA plus 3 other top 100 recruits.

Jess takes the cake for highest rated but, as of the last ratings I saw, only 2 players, Jess and the younger Page, are ranked in the Hoopgurlz top 100.

But, prior to this year, what were our best classes?  And not necessarily based on how they turned out, but how highly regarded they were coming in.

Thoughts from the brain trust here assembled?

I'd agree with the assumption that the 2014 and 15 class may be the best and Jess may be our highest ranked recruit ever. But there were some classes that on paper when they signed they looked pretty good. One, as was mentioned, was the 95' class with Nicole Kubik, Brooke Schwartz, Charlie Rogers and Cisco Gilmore. Those three Nebraska girls played on the Pinnacle All Stars team and won a couple of huge AAU tournaments while they were in high school.

Another class I was excited to see arrive was the 93 class featuring Anna DeForge and Jami Kubik. Although a small class of two Angela Beck beat out practically every Big Ten team for Anna's services. Anna was the Wisconsin player of the year her senior year of high school and thankfully Wisconsin didn't have room for her so she signed with the Huskers. There was the assumption that Jami Kubik was mainly recruited in order to get her younger sister Nicole interested. But Jami turned out to be one of the better surprises of her era. The Huskers had two walkons that year in Amy Gusso and JJ Jurgens and those two are still some of my all time favorite Huskers.

I was really excited for Amanda Cleveland in the 96 class. Coming out of high school she was ranked in the top ten in the 96 class. The Huskers found themselves in a fierce recruiting battle with KU for Amanda and with her verballing NU there was some extremely bad blood (no pun intended) that develop between Angela Beck and KU coach Marion Washington. Unfortunately, Amanda developed A-plastic amoeba and had to suffer practically her whole college career.

Another class I was anxious to see arrive was the 99 class of Katie Robinette, Jina Johansen and Royanna Bristol for obvious reasons.

The two player 2005 class with Kelsey Griffin and TK Lafleur had some alure also. But I'll admit I was more interested in what TK brought than what Kelsey added.