Holy Crap! Ali Farokhmanesh just named his new baby ...

Norm Peterson

That is amazing.  And since Tai isn't exactly what you'd consider a common name it's a near certainty that they named him after Webster.  Tells me that 1). Tai Webster has made a huge impression on Ali and his wife in just a short time (huge honor to Tai) and, 2). they're all in on being a part of the Husker Hoops family, which is awesome to see!

Clearly Husker Hoops is at an all time high in terms of making an impact on people, no?

P.S. Here's a big congrats to everyone in the Farokhmanesh family on the addition of a beautiful bouncing baby boy!   :D

That is amazing.  And since Tai isn't exactly what you'd consider a common name it's a near certainty that they named him after Webster.  Tells me that 1). Tai Webster has made a huge impression on Ali and his wife in just a short time (huge honor to Tai) and, 2). they're all in on being a part of the Husker Hoops family, which is awesome to see!

Clearly Husker Hoops is at an all time high in terms of making an impact on people, no?

P.S. Here's a big congrats to everyone in the Farokhmanesh family on the addition of a beautiful bouncing baby boy!   :D

Not to be a huge debbie downer but maybe they just liked the name? I will say that they probably learned of the name after meeting Tai but I'm not sure how big of an impact he's had on their lives

Looked up some information about Ali. His dad was a very good volleyball player in Iran. Came to the states and started coaching and playing some. Met Ali's mom who is also a volleyball coach. After being att a few D1, programs they now coach together at UNLV.

Ali was playing pro basketball until he took this job as a GA. Last stop was in the Dutch league and was doing very well.

I think this is a very good pick up, as he can still play and has some tournament fame that kids today should be able to maybe remember. Or at least Google him and see that it wasn't that long ago that he was good.

Also his wife's maidan name was Husz, so safe to say she is used to spelling her last name all her life. Also if she just had a k in her name...:)