Will we regress...

Huskerpapa

...apparently this writer from Fox News believes we may be a candidate to go backwards.  Why, well I guess it must be our history :P

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/09/23/dorm-report-avoiding-regression/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fsports+(Internal+-+Sports+-+Mixed)

...apparently this writer from Fox News believes we may be a candidate to go backwards.  Why, well I guess it must be our history :P

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/09/23/dorm-report-avoiding-regression/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fsports+(Internal+-+Sports+-+Mixed)

Hey come on...it was from FOX NEWS....they are fair and balanced!

Over the landscape of sports, it's not unlikely for teams that burst on the scene to regress the following season. Of course we're a candidate for that to happen. We should be. Doesn't mean it will happen, but we are a candidate for that to happen.

Word.

I don't know.  The skeptic in me could see it happening.  16 or 17 wins. 

The couch fist-er in me sees us winning 22 season games, tho. 

WE WILL WIN.

The leadership on this team is too good for us to regress in my opinion. Petteway and Shavon simply won't let it happen. We are in good hands. Our record may be slightly different, but I would bet a large sum of money that we are just as good if not better than last year. Teams that have success and can't build off it typically lack leadership which leads to lack of discipline and focus.

The leadership on this team is too good for us to regress in my opinion. Petteway and Shavon simply won't let it happen. We are in good hands. Our record may be slightly different, but I would bet a large sum of money that we are just as good if not better than last year. Teams that have success and can't build off it typically lack leadership which leads to lack of discipline and focus.

Our junior leadership will be off the charts this year.  Not slighting the seniors, but when you have guys like Shavon and Benny who are all about the team and when the best player on the squad outworks anyone else ...

This team will still be relatively young, starting a sophomore (or maybe a freshman?), 3 juniors and probably a senior.  But two of those juniors spent redshirt seasons, making them chronologically older than their year of eligibility. This should be a very mature team.

We started off with some tough losses last year:  Umass, UAB, Creighton, Cinci.  I think at least split those sort of games this year.  That should give us more momentum heading into conference play.

Additionally, I think we'll be much likelier to be ranked or almost ranked throughout the season.  It makes a big difference when you're hovering around the Top 25 come Selection Sunday.  Remember how bad everyone seemed to want Iowa in last year?  They had absolutely no reason to be in consideration based on performance.  

I think we'll be better than last year, regardless.  

Additionally, I think we'll be much likelier to be ranked or almost ranked throughout the season.  It makes a big difference when you're hovering around the Top 25 come Selection Sunday.  Remember how bad everyone seemed to want Iowa in last year?  They had absolutely no reason to be in consideration based on performance.  

SMU 2014 says not so fast my friend.

We started off with some tough losses last year:  Umass, UAB, Creighton, Cinci.  I think at least split those sort of games this year.  That should give us more momentum heading into conference play.

I think we'll be better than last year, regardless.  

You are actually wrong on the Iowa comment.  They were seeded just about right based off performance and overall resume.  Their selection had nothing to do with them hovering around the top 25.  

As Gumby pointed out, SMU is case in point as well.  Everyone had them in their tourney field because a team close to the top 25 in rankings had to be in, right?  Wrong, SMU's resume was not all that good when you compared to the other bubble teams and they were rightfully left out.  

We are miles ahead of where we were at the start of last year. Contrary to historical revisionists, I don't think anyone said Petteway shouldn't be playing but his shot selection was hurting the team. Between his mature response to team meetings and the deletion of Biggs from the team, they worked out the kinks and developed tremendous chemistry. Its possible things could change but I think we don't have to go through those growing pains early in the season this time around. I don't think anyone would disagree that if we could avoid the end of the universe created by some space-time paradox the Huskers from the end of the year destroy the Huskers from the beginning of last year. So whether the win column shows it or not (and I think it will), this team will be starting from a much more advanced position. 

Let me ask this in a different way: Let's assume that the Nebraska basketball program is a house you just moved into that has been invaded by ghosts and that Craig Smith has been sucked into the TV. Do you recognize that it's your job to get your team and staff out of the house before it's sucked into another dimension?

Let me ask this in a different way: Let's assume that the Nebraska basketball program is a house you just moved into that has been invaded by ghosts and that Craig Smith has been sucked into the TV. Do you recognize that it's your job to get your team and staff out of the house before it's sucked into another dimension?

I do not believe in this @*%&!

Therefore, they hang in here and win a National Championship!