Morrow is N

BannedAccount

Now this is music to my ears:

“Nebraska offered more than Iowa. It was nothing personal against Iowa. I was always told I would know what place I wanted to be. It felt comfortable at Nebraska. It felt like home.’’

“Nebraska offered more than Iowa. It was nothing personal against Iowa. I was always told I would know what place I wanted to be. It felt comfortable at Nebraska. It felt like home.’’

“Edward’s only been playing basketball for six years,’’ Smith said by phone from Chicago. “It’s not like other guys who have been playing since they were 5 years old, so he’s still got a long way to go.

This doesn't sound 100% accurate. He's only been playing basketball in Chicago for 6 years.

“Edward’s only been playing basketball for six years,’’ Smith said by phone from Chicago. “It’s not like other guys who have been playing since they were 5 years old, so he’s still got a long way to go.

This doesn't sound 100% accurate. He's only been playing basketball in Chicago for 6 years.

Definitely an error...as it would be obvious that they would not move to Chicago ...and then have him start playing.

Now this is music to my ears:

Definitely an error...as it would be obvious that they would not move to Chicago ...and then have him start playing.

The move to Chicago was to take care of her mother whom was diagnosed with diabetes. It also was to gain better employment. Basketball was definitely in the equation but not the main reason.

Nebraska offered more than Iowa. It was nothing personal against Iowa. I was always told I would know what place I wanted to be. It felt comfortable at Nebraska. It felt like home.’’

right.gif

HOL: I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Nebraska fans were pretty fired up when they heard the news that you committed. Is there anything you want to say to Husker fans?

EM:
"One this I will say is I'm excited, and as you mentioned they might be as well. I want to just say thanks to all the Nebraska fans and all the support and love that they have given me thus far. I've really enjoyed them, and I really respect everything that they have going on in their program. I just want to come in and try and make it better."

“I had more fun at Iowa than I did at Nebraska,” Morrow said. “But that’s not why I’m going to school. So in making my decision, it came down to the opportunities available for me to be successful.

"But when it all boiled down, when I went on my visit to Nebraska, it was just 10 times better. I really enjoyed it and I felt like I was supposed to be there. The whole staff they have, I see them doing something big there soon, and I want to be a part of it. Academically, that was a big focus for me as well. They have an amazing academic program and support system for athletes, and I thought that was pretty important. They also have my major (civil engineering), which at Iowa wasn't the best. So when it all came down to pros and cons, Nebraska has the most for what I needed to be successful."

This is why a guy like Trey Dickenson goes to Iowa and a guy like Morrow goes to Nebraska.

Both may be right.

It seems that Tim Miles actually prefers to play 3 wing-type players + a point guard + center. There seems to be very little distinction between the 3spot and the 4spot in his offense...and I think the 2spot could be thrown into that mix as well.

Yeah, I hear ya... Only difference I can think of off the top of my head may be rebounding responsibilities, perhaps.

The below article has some additional insight...among the scarier thoughts in some time is this quote from Ed Morrow:

“I can tell you that last week my mind was leaning another way and that I was going to Iowa,” he said. “I told my parents, I talked to them and they never really told me where I should’ve gone, they just supported me…So when I came to Nebraska and then I told them ‘This is my last visit. I know when I know.’ What they’re doing here is completely different.”

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Ed-Morrow-talks-about-his-decision-to-commit-to-Nebraska-31408353

Maybe timing is everything!

The below article has some additional insight...among the scarier thoughts in some time is this quote from Ed Morrow:

“I can tell you that last week my mind was leaning another way and that I was going to Iowa,” he said. “I told my parents, I talked to them and they never really told me where I should’ve gone, they just supported me…So when I came to Nebraska and then I told them ‘This is my last visit. I know when I know.’ What they’re doing here is completely different.”

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Ed-Morrow-talks-about-his-decision-to-commit-to-Nebraska-31408353

Official visits can definitely lead to a "high" and make you want to join up.  Once you get away from it things start to become more clear.

How many clipboards did Fran kick when he read this?

How many clipboards did Fran kick when he read this?

Payback for the whole Gesell thing, huh?

That'll teach 'em.