Omaha competing for 2018 Big Ten MBB Tournament

Nebrasketballer

Sounds like Omaha is really trying to continue to form an identity around being a collegiate/athletic town. That city really needs to work on having a stronger value proposition to bring visitors in rather than just one-time annual events.

Why? They still got a lot of the major concerts. They host other big events there, too. Having a niche and being known for doing something really, really well has a lot of value.

This is more from an outsider perspective. When I fly back to Nebraska, Omaha is not even close to the top of my list for places to show people. Hit the zoo and have some food and drinks later in the Old Market. That's quite honestly all they have to offer (for me). I personally feel they need to build on the offerings they have for the city (while building that niche).

Sounds like Omaha is really trying to continue to form an identity around being a collegiate/athletic town. That city really needs to work on having a stronger value proposition to bring visitors in rather than just one-time annual events.

Why? They still got a lot of the major concerts. They host other big events there, too. Having a niche and being known for doing something really, really well has a lot of value.

This is more from an outsider perspective. When I fly back to Nebraska, Omaha is not even close to the top of my list for places to show people. Hit the zoo and have some food and drinks later in the Old Market. That's quite honestly all they have to offer (for me). I personally feel they need to build on the offerings they have for the city (while building that niche).

Dig a little deeper. Omaha's got a lot of great things to offer.

You really don't know much about Omaha if those are your only highlights.

You really don't know much about Omaha if those are your only highlights.

Slight over-exaggeration, but my point is that the only major pull for visitors outside a 300+ mile radius is through regional collegiate events, national trials, etc. Sure, there are some nice things about the city, but I'm not going to fly to Omaha to go to SAC, go to a AAA game, check out the Lewis & Clark landing area, or walk across a pedestrian bridge (not an inclusive list, of course) unless I'm already in town for business purposes.