Big Ten News 2014-15

HuskerActuary

Not sure where to put this

I was thinking the same thing.  We need a conference thread.

Oh come on, if you are going to create a new thread for me, can't you put Big Ten instead of Big 10 in the title? :)  That has always been a pet peeve of mine since we joined the conference.

ABTJMTKKTSHPAHC.20121122044015.JPG

Here is an article from Gary Parrish:

Illinois point guard Tracy Abrams suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during a preseason workout and will miss the entire 2014-15 season, the school announced Thursday.

"Tracy worked hard in the offseason to put himself in great position heading into his senior year, so he's obviously disappointed, and we are for him as well," said Illinois coach John Groce. "But Tracy personifies toughness; he has the heart of a champion, and I know that he will only come back stronger from this experience when he returns to the court next year. In the meantime, he will continue to play a vital role for our program with his leadership."

Abrams will use a medical redshirt this season, meaning the 6-foot-2 Chicago native is expected to again play for the Illini in the 2015-16 season. He averaged 10.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game last season.

Oregon State transfer Ahmad Starks will likely replace Abrams in the starting lineup. Starks averaged 10.4 points per game two seasons ago for the Beavers.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24705556/illinois-point-guard-tracy-abrams-to-miss-season-with-torn-acl?v=1&vc=1